+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds to the officer at the border

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
Hello, I have a question about the POF at the border upon arrival in Canada. Suppose I'm planning to carry the amount of cash in CAD. Is there a problem? online it says 10k CAD is the maximum, however, I might need to show more than that. Does anyone have a clue?
Thank you.

foreigner1

Jan 21, 2017
Hello, I have a question about the POF at the border upon arrival in Canada. Suppose I'm planning to carry the amount of cash in CAD. Is there a problem? online it says 10k CAD is the maximum, however, I might need to show more than that. Does anyone have a clue?
Thank you.
You can bring any amount of cash with you. However, if bringing more than $10,000 CAD (or the equivalent amount in any currency) you have to declare it to border agents.As proof of source of funds, I suggest also walking with the receipts you got when you withdrew the cash from your bank.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Thank you.
You can bring as much as you can. You will just need to declare it at the border. If you don't have millions in a bag, you won't likely need any explanation of the source.