+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds- Sudden inflow of cash (How much is a sudden inflow of cash)

SBR26

Oct 21, 2020
I just want to know how much of cash inflow is considered as a sudden inflow of cash?
PFB my 6MAB for your reference:
1st Month: C$1151.40
2nd Month: C$3842.69
3rd Month: C$6572.81
4th Month: C$9242.98
5th Month: C$11421.89
6th Month: C$13298.09

Is this considered to be a sudden inflow of cash?

SBR26

Oct 21, 2020
I just want to know how much of cash inflow is considered as a sudden inflow of cash?
PFB my 6MAB for your reference:
1st Month: C$1151.40
2nd Month: C$3842.69
3rd Month: C$6572.81
4th Month: C$9242.98
5th Month: C$11421.89
6th Month: C$13298.09

Is this considered to be a sudden inflow of cash?
I mean every month I am adding ~C$2.5K in my bank account. Do I need to show from where I am getting this fund?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
I mean every month I am adding ~C$2.5K in my bank account. Do I need to show from where I am getting this fund?
Hi @SBR26 - My situation was similar to you (though not exactly same). I added 80% of the required funds into my account just one month before my AOR. I added the required funds by redeeming 3 different Mutual Funds which I have been holding for more than 3 years. So, just to be on the safer side, in addition to submitting my Account Balance letter and 6 months bank statement, I also submitted my Mutual fund statements which clearly mention the date invested and the date I withdrew/ redeemed the funds.

I added an LOE as well explaining the credits to my account and matched it with the fund withdrawals.

So, in your case, you can also attach some supporting documentation regarding the source of the C$2.5k that you are adding every month. This will help the immigration officer confirm that these funds are not loans from someone.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: SBR26

SBR26

Oct 21, 2020
Hi @SBR26 - My situation was similar to you (though not exactly same). I added 80% of the required funds into my account just one month before my AOR. I added the required funds by redeeming 3 different Mutual Funds which I have been holding for more than 3 years. So, just to be on the safer side, in addition to submitting my Account Balance letter and 6 months bank statement, I also submitted my Mutual fund statements which clearly mention the date invested and the date I withdrew/ redeemed the funds.

I added an LOE as well explaining the credits to my account and matched it with the fund withdrawals.

So, in your case, you can also attach some supporting documentation regarding the source of the C$2.5k that you are adding every month. This will help the immigration officer confirm that these funds are not loans from someone.

Hope this helps!
Thanks @maheshmit, I am adding ~C$2.5K every month by liquidating my past investments and adding it with my salary. So a lot of transactions. Do I really need to show all those transactions? as they only asked for my past 6 Months average bank balance. Also I don't feel a gradual increase of C$2.5K is too much or is it?? Let me know your opinion on this.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks @maheshmit, I am adding ~C$2.5K every month by liquidating my past investments and adding it with my salary. So a lot of transactions. Do I really need to show all those transactions? as they only asked for my past 6 Months average bank balance. Also I don't feel a gradual increase of C$2.5K is too much or is it?? Let me know your opinion on this.
Hi @SBR26 - The immigration officer is only looking to make sure that the funds shown by you are truly yours. Hence it is a good practice to provide well documented proof to ensure that there is no doubt in the officer's mind as to the validity of the funds. This was the thought process behind my approach of submitting additional proofs.

Regarding the increase of C$2.5K every month, I really can't comment if it's less or more... May be see what others in the forum say and then take a call...

avishekkar89

Nov 9, 2020
Just one question though - should I have attached a signed and stamped version of the mutual fund statement showing redemption, or just an online version will do? I have also sold some of my equity shares worth INR 250,000 - for this, I have attached the online digitally signed statement (for both purchase period and sales period).