+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds Related Doubt

Raj_Zain

Jul 16, 2011
Dear All
I have a Fixed Depost Certificate from the bank as a proof of funds.But the document list says we need to send the "original" .I can not send orginal beacuse that is the only document which is legally binding to the bank through which i can collect my money on maturity ............so can i send the Notorized photocopy.......will they consider that

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask your bank to give Proof of Funds letter stating details of your Certificate. It would cost you some $ only, anyway you would give some $ to notarize too. Bank's letter is better i think but you choose

Raj_Zain

Jul 16, 2011
correct i thought so.but the issue is I live in a different city now and my bank with a fixed deposit is in different city and government banks in india still do not hae centralized banking stuff to help this...........

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:DHi,

You may call the bank manager or any officer and ask him to send you a Statement of Account on an original letter head with seal of the bank. Bank is liable to give the certificate to the customer on request. If your deposit is in any Indian Bank, they will issue the certificate free of charge but they may charge for courier. If you don't have an SB or current account with that bank ( to debit the courier charge ) you can ask the bank to send the statement by regular post or let the send by courier " to collect from adresee".

You don't need to send your original deposit receipt any way.