+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds- liability- credit card

ashishguptadelhi

Feb 19, 2023
Hi,

For credit card as liability in proof of funds, a letter from bank is required.

Can I attach current credit card statement instead of letter?

Please advise.

Reactions: juli4real

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

Please advise.
I have so many credit cards, I never attached anything other than PoF letter. Debt is codified in your PoF.

I don't know what "credit card as liability" means. They want to know whether you have PoF and it isn't borrowed/loaned to you.

ashishguptadelhi

Feb 19, 2023
I have so many credit cards, I never attached anything other than PoF letter. Debt is codified in your PoF.

I don't know what "credit card as liability" means. They want to know whether you have PoF and it isn't borrowed/loaned to you.
For assets, bank gave me balance certificate and 6 months statement, no letter. They said that they do not have such format.

Now, for credit card as liability in proof of funds, instead of a letter from bank, can I attach current credit card statement?

Please advise.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
For assets, bank gave me balance certificate and 6 months statement, no letter. They said that they do not have such format.

Now, for credit card as liability in proof of funds, instead of a letter from bank, can I attach current credit card statement?

Please advise.
Is it an Indian bank? What does the balance certificate includes? I know SBI, HDFC, ICICI provide PoF letters.

You don't need to include credit card statement, I don't know what you mean by "credit card as a liability" though. I feel you are concerned about your credit card debts and wish to show them somewhere. It isn't really required if your PoF can cover it.

Reactions: ashishguptadelhi

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Hi,

Please advise.
As per my experience, within middle-east banks don't give all information on a single document issued from the bank, therefore to full fill IRCC requirements, I had to obtain the following:
1- (Balance Certificate) to show ending balance matching with Bank statement.
2- IBAN Certificate - the only document showing opening date of my account in the bank.
3- Liability Certificate - as having Credit Card in middle-east is considered a Loan/Debt so the Bank will issue a liability certificate
or If you don't have Credit card they can issue (Clearance Certificate) showing no liability towards the bank.
for my spouse accounts
I was able to obtain 3- Clearance Certificate.

Hope this helps.

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023

Please advise.
Try obtaining Clearance Certificate or Liability Certificate, this should show "Loans/Debts" if any!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
As per my experience, within middle-east banks don't give all information on a single document issued from the bank, therefore to full fill IRCC requirements, I had to obtain the following:
1- (Balance Certificate) to show ending balance matching with Bank statement.
2- IBAN Certificate - the only document showing opening date of my account in the bank.
3- Liability Certificate - as having Credit Card in middle-east is considered a Loan/Debt so the Bank will issue a liability certificate
or If you don't have Credit card they can issue (Clearance Certificate) showing no liability towards the bank.
for my spouse accounts
I was able to obtain 3- Clearance Certificate.

Hope this helps.
Wow, didn't knew that Middle-Eastern banks don't provide a PoF.

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Wow, didn't knew that Middle-Eastern banks don't provide a PoF.
They go blank when you request them for single document issued on official Letter head of the Bank for PoF, however I had to workout gathering different documents to comply with the requirements, including Liability Certificate issued solely in Arabic, got it certified translated to be eligible. Sad but true!