+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds .. Joint Bank Account

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a joint bank account with my father. Can it be "shown" as "Proof of Funds" or do I need to have money in my own account ?

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
hariskhan said:
I have a joint bank account with my father. Can it be "shown" as "Proof of Funds" or do I need to have money in my own account ?
Bro, Better on a safe side. You have enough time to Sperate your account and maintain funds their for more than 3 months. In my opinion do it NOW.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i read it somewhere they ask for 6 months statement and not 3.. basically to chk if you have taken some sort of loan..

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Based on my experience, I had a joint bank account with my mother because I'm living abroad and I need someone to be able to do bank transactions on my behalf while I'm away. I submitted our joint bank account with the following documents: (1) letter from my mother stating that I own the money (2) valid ID with photo of my mother with her signature (3) proof of remittance to show that I'm really sending money on that account.

As long as you can justify why you have a joint account and proof that you own the money, it's not a big deal.

Now, I'm a PR. :) :) :)

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all.

I do have my own account. I can transfer money into that. Its a sallary account. All praise be for the ALMIGHTY GOD. No loans/debts were ever taken by me or my father.

I can also provide letter of ownership of account/money from my father. I can provide valid ID with photo, signature of my father.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badpusacat said:
Based on my experience, I had a joint bank account with my mother because I'm living abroad and I need someone to be able to do bank transactions on my behalf while I'm away. I submitted our joint bank account with the following documents: (1) letter from my mother stating that I own the money (2) valid ID with photo of my mother with her signature (3) proof of remittance to show that I'm really sending money on that account.

As long as you can justify why you have a joint account and proof that you own the money, it's not a big deal.

Now, I'm a PR. :) :) :)
In point #1, will a letter on simple paper suffice or do I require some sort of legal letter (stamped) stating the money is mine ?

What is a valid ID ? NIC (National ID) ? Passport ? Driver's license ? My father has NIC or driver's license. I hope it will suffice.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
hariskhan said:
In point #1, will a letter on simple paper suffice or do I require some sort of legal letter (stamped) stating the money is mine ?

What is a valid ID ? NIC (National ID) ? Passport ? Driver's license ? My father has NIC or driver's license. I hope it will suffice.
My mom wrote it on a simple paper and we attached her postal ID. No stamp or other legalities. Any government issued ID is fine.