+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - How to lroove proof of funds with a bank draft?

Rehankhan1337

Feb 11, 2023
Hello,

I'm an Indian applying for a student visa from saudi arabia.

How can I prove proof of funds with a bank draft from saudi arabia?

What is the total process? From the begining to landing in canada and having access to it?

IRCC website states the following but doesn't explain it in detail, google didn't help either :

• a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
Any helpful response would be appreciated.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I'm an Indian applying for a student visa from saudi arabia.

How can I prove proof of funds with a bank draft from saudi arabia?

What is the total process? From the begining to landing in canada and having access to it?

IRCC website states the following but doesn't explain it in detail, google didn't help either :

• a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
Any helpful response would be appreciated.
Can you use Saudi Bank statement other than bank draft? as pof

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
Contact with your bank website, or in person, and request the document that showing your fund.
You also may have to ask them whether they can convert your fund in CAD currency rate in the document (For example, if you have 1M USD in your bank, they will provide you the document which indicate you have 1M USD and also how much it is if they converted in CAD).

Last edited:

Rehankhan1337

Feb 11, 2023
I have money in bank account but wouldn't it be a weak case (weak proof of fund) as the visa officer might think I may withdraw the money at anytime?

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
I have money in bank account but wouldn't it be a weak case (weak proof of fund) as the visa officer might think I may withdraw the money at anytime?
They just want you to prove your fund to check whether you can afford the life in Canada or not...
So they won't care about whether it can be withdraw or not...
In my case, I had a document such as 1) payslip for last 3 months (graduate student stipend), 2) proof document of my fund in S. Korea (which converted with CAD currency rate), and 3) certificate of my stock balance....
The decision is totally up to officer, however, I think more documents usually reduce the chance of refusal, especially if the document is related with your concrete financial status.

Rehankhan1337

Feb 11, 2023
They just want you to prove your fund to check whether you can afford the life in Canada or not...
So they won't care about whether it can be withdraw or not...
In my case, I had a document such as 1) payslip for last 3 months (graduate student stipend), 2) proof document of my fund in S. Korea (which converted with CAD currency rate), and 3) certificate of my stock balance....
The decision is totally up to officer, however, I think more documents usually reduce the chance of refusal, especially if the document is related with your concrete financial status.
How did you get your bank statement in canadian dollars? Did you had to visit the bank branch?

I don't own any stocks so I don't have "cerrificate of stock balance".

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
How did you get your bank statement in canadian dollars? Did you had to visit the bank branch?

I don't own any stocks so I don't have "cerrificate of stock balance".
You can request at your bank, ask them that you want to receive the official document of you bank statement in English, and check whether they can convert the amount of your fund using current currency rate (in CAD, or USD is also available...).
Most of the bank know how to do this as they are always dealing with international bank or customers...

So in your document, there will be two different number,
For example if you have USD 11,000,000 .
The document is look like "USD 11,000,000 $ (CAD 14,931,950.00 /Exchange rate 1$ /1.36 CAD$)" or something like this.

Hope this can help you.