+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds from account abroad?

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
Hi Guys. I have just opened a savings account for my minor son abroad and deposited 30,000(CAD equivalent) in it from my savings account. I havent submitted an Express Entry profile yet(waiting for WES), if and whenever I get an ITA , would I be able to use that amount(about30,000/- CAD) in my son's accounts as POF WITHOUT showing anything else? We would need to show $19,390/- ONLY. Thanks

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
All the money in your and spouse's accounts, plus any joint accounts bearing you and spouse are applicable to be shown as POF.
Any amount the child possesses does not count.

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
All the money in your and spouse's accounts, plus any joint accounts bearing you and spouse are applicable to be shown as POF.
Thanks for replying. Even if the child is 1 year old and we are the signatories on his account?

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
Your answer seemed WRONG from the start, hence I have sought some legal advice from a lawyer who is also an immigration agent. I CAN use the money in my child's account for POF because:

a. I have access to money WITHOUT any objection(account holder is a toddler, "I" sign everything on his behalf). I have the authority to close that bank account any time I wish.
b. The funds came from my savings account in the first place and I can take them back whenever I like.
c. I myself will have to sign a no objection letter(LOL) that I can have that money.
d. Wife will sign another letter that I can do whatever I like with the money. She needs to do this as she is also the signatory on the account.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Your answer seemed WRONG from the start, hence I have sought some legal advice from a lawyer who is also an immigration agent. I CAN use the money in my child's account for POF because:

a. I have access to money WITHOUT any objection(account holder is a toddler, "I" sign everything on his behalf). I have the authority to close that bank account any time I wish.
b. The funds came from my savings account in the first place and I can take them back whenever I like.
c. I myself will have to sign a no objection letter(LOL) that I can have that money.
d. Wife will sign another letter that I can do whatever I like with the money. She needs to do this as she is also the signatory on the account.
She needs to sign a NOC for you to use her account as well. You have to have access to all the money without any interference.

As per the case of money in child's account, I'd rather trust canada.ca than any immigration consultant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

This nowhere mentions any kiddy accounts. Be sure you consult this with some others as well.
Don't let yourself be misguided.

livingforever

Jul 8, 2019
You haven’t read the points a and d carefully in my answers above, have you ?

As far as consultation is concerned, I have spoken to a few people in the field including a lawyer and an ex Canadian visa officer. Everywhere, it’s the same answer. CIC will have no legs to stand on if they refuse to accept that money as POF, I can just transfer money to my account and then they HAVE TO accept the SAME MONEY. So it doesn’t matter which account it is in as it’s mine. They would know I have the access( because of the NOC from wife)So they won’t bother. In the country I will be applying from, having the right of unrestricted access is enough than actually accessing the money. Your case could be different in India as there are more fraud cases(no offence) in your country. Same goes with WES, applications from India and Pakistan are scrutinised to the bone. WES have mentioned it on their website too.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
You're right. And I just wanted you to be safe and not face any difficulty during the process.
With the points you have mentioned, you'll be clear.
Best wishes.
Cheers