+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS for single applicant under skilled catgory.

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
Hello friends,

Any one has idea about what exactly the visa officer asks for in proof of fund? My case is wiith CHC , New Delhi, India, filed in Dec- 2000.

I am unmarried single and I have a joint bank accounts and other securities with my father. I am the first name holder and father being the second name holder.
I have come to know that AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW, VISA Officers require a proof in single name (applicant's own name) only and funds in joint accounts is considered as invalid. Perhaps they even deny the visa also on this ground.

regards
harish

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) You have to prove that you have 10,000cn available to you with a letter from the bank attesting you do have that amount.

I would be surprised that they would deny it for that. Your father just has to write a letter saying that he is willing to be responsible for you and therefore with a joint account he can help you if the need be and also a joint account is very good as if your father should die, you can take the money out as you both are allowed and don't have to wait for the reading of the will and the account will not be frozen.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DancingFeather said:
:) You have to prove that you have 10,000cn available to you with a letter from the bank attesting you do have that amount.

I would be surprised that they would deny it for that. Your father just has to write a letter saying that he is willing to be responsible for you and therefore with a joint account he can help you if the need be and also a joint account is very good as if your father should die, you can take the money out as you both are allowed and don't have to wait for the reading of the will and the account will not be frozen.
Settlement funds have to be in his name. "(b) the skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to half the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

PMM

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) Well, I had did it once and it was accepted, because being that his father has a business and was doing well, then they considered that his father putting money for him to have access at anytime was a good deal. But then it depends on the agent you get and how the agent sees it and also depends on the money that is already in the bank. Maybe it was an exception and maybe it would be best he have a separate account with the 10,000 in it while also showing his joint account with his dad.

Because the more money you show the more appealing you are.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fran6 said:
must you include a statement of account at the initial application?
You need to provide the statement of the account in the second stage with other full documents to your local visa office.

Cheers
Saki