Proof of Funds for PNP Ontario

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovesumi said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Does this signed declaration from the parents need to be a affidavit or just a plain letter with signature work.

Plain letter with signature will do.

Also can show a statement from my stock company (e.g. etrade) and show the amount of sellable shares i have.
Can i show my provident fund a PoF too?

Equity or PF aren't readily available to liquidate. CIC wants to see monies in the bank.

I have a loan too. Will it create a problem?

Not unless it reduces your POF to below the required amount. CIC isn't keen on your personal balance sheet, they want to see evidence of unencumbered funds at your disposal.

Sumita

sonic1992

Jul 17, 2015
Hi Asivad,

firstly, thanks for you insight on these forums.

I also had a question regarding verification of proof of funds documents.

Say, I submit a letter from my bank stating my current balance, average past 6 month balance other required info with my application in august. Say in october, CIC wants to see an updated proof of funds statement with 6 month bank statements. Will they be looking for 6 month statement between february and august or april and october?

Thanks again,
Sonic

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonic1992 said:
Hi Asivad,

firstly, thanks for you insight on these forums.

I also had a question regarding verification of proof of funds documents.

Say, I submit a letter from my bank stating my current balance, average past 6 month balance other required info with my application in august. Say in october, CIC wants to see an updated proof of funds statement with 6 month bank statements. Will they be looking for 6 month statement between february and august or april and october?

Thanks again,
Sonic
That is CIC's prerogative - all they are keen on knowing is if you have access to sufficient funds AND that those funds aren't borrowed.

Recommend that you do not touch the POF funds till the end of the process.

krn89

Mar 1, 2017
Can I borrow funds from my sister and if she gives me the decleration lets say i borrow 5 lakh from her and have 2.5 lakh of my own.