+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for how many months

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Need your help...

Whats the minimum time duration required to keep the Funds in Account ?

Thanks
Silvi

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You need to have funds in account on day you submit your application to enter EE. This is part of the initial qualification for FSW. After ITA you provide 6 months bank statements. The amount is to be brought to Canada for your settlement as a buffer until you find employment. You may be asked to show proof of these funds at entry to Canada. This is why they stipulate the funds must belong to you and not be borrowed.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Pippin said:
You need to have funds in account on day you submit your application to enter EE. This is part of the initial qualification for FSW. After ITA you provide 6 months bank statements. The amount is to be brought to Canada for your settlement as a buffer until you find employment. You may be asked to show proof of these funds at entry to Canada. This is why they stipulate the funds must belong to you and not be borrowed.
Thanks Pippin

Can the funds be on Husband/spouse name ? He is a co-applicant in my application.
Or Can we show any property instead of Money in Bank ?

Thanks
Silvi

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Can the funds be on Husband/spouse name ? He is a co-applicant in my application.
Or Can we show any property instead of Money in Bank ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Pippin said:
I'm sorry pippin, I don't quite understand. I didn't need to give any proof of funds when I submitted the initial EE application. Do you mean I have to have the money in my account on the day I submit my application AFTER receiving the ITA, when I upload all documents including a Balance Certificate from my bank?

In this case, when would I need to provide proof of 6 months of bank statements?

Also, if I don't have the money in my account for the past 6 months, can I give some legitimate reason/justification to prove the money is mine and not a loan?

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
I have the sme question as well

I got money transferred in my bank account, I do I proof that its my money

I am living in Canada already

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
I have the same question I got money transferred into my bank account

how do I prove that its my money

m living in Canda already

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDHILLON1986 said:
I have the same question I got money transferred into my bank account

how do I prove that its my money

m living in Canda already
Ask your bank to give you a statement of your account balance with your name on it.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
This link clearly states that proof of funds is an initial requirement to qualify as an FSW. There is a statement that outlines who is exempt from needing to have funds (basically already have a job or job offer or legally allowed to work in Canada I think it says ).

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
MedZed said:
Ask your bank to give you a statement of your account balance with your name on it.
My parents have transferred me that money
Even though it's my money but cic says you can't get it from anyone
They will ask for six months statements and if there is a lump sum deposit then you have to explain it which can cause complications

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
This link clearly states that proof of funds is an initial requirement to qualify as an FSW.
Just to avoid confusion, I'm CEC and they still asked me for the same proof of funds.