+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for CEC

Sharothi

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,

Do I need proof of settlement funds if I'm not working? I received ITA under CEC, currently out of status, restoring status with a visitor record.

Please help.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
No you don’t, just attach a letter saying you are invited under CEC and therefore don’t need to provide proof of funds

Sharothi

Mar 15, 2023
No you don’t, just attach a letter saying you are invited under CEC and therefore don’t need to provide proof of funds
I’ve spoke with multiple IRRC consultants, they are giving me different answers. Few of them said, I need to show POF coz I’m currently not working and not authorized to work. And, some said no I don’t as long as I’m applying under CEC and status doesn’t matter. I’m really confused at this time.

Can any senior give me some advice? @legalfalcon

frokentalus

Jan 19, 2023
I read that you don't have to show proof of funds if you are selected under CEC. However; I did submit my bank statements just in case and I got PR.

Reactions: Sharothi

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I’ve spoke with multiple IRRC consultants, they are giving me different answers. Few of them said, I need to show POF coz I’m currently not working and not authorized to work. And, some said no I don’t as long as I’m applying under CEC and status doesn’t matter. I’m really confused at this time.

First of all, you are not the typical CEC applicant. Not only are you not working, you are also out of status so you can't find new work even if you wanted to. That now begs the question of how are you going to support yourself while you restore your status and wait for your PR application approval. As it stands, you are a foreign national, who is not working and have no money to support yourself. Providing proof of money to sustain yourself while your legal status is pending would be very important. Additionally, you are also moving to a visitor's record if your status is restored, so where are you getting money from to stay in Canada if you can't work?? The best advise and course of action for you specifically is to show that you have the means to support yourself in this process.

To not include POF, is to force the immigration officer to answer these questions for you and the outcome may not be positive.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

This has been dealt with multiple times.

bbcode link image

If you are applying under CEC, you do not need PoF.

However, when you apply, you do not know if your application will be picked up under CEC, unless you get an ITA under a CEC exclusive draw. An application can be eligible for multiple programs at the same time.

So only if you are absolutely certain that you are under CEC, you do not need PoF.

If you are not, then include PoF.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
so in my profile i put $25k cad for family of four , not i got ita under cec. should i go and get a letter from bank or i can just add letter of explanation.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
so in my profile i put $25k cad for family of four , not i got ita under cec. should i go and get a letter from bank or i can just add letter of explanation.
If you have the money just show it in a bank statement. Add an explanation for the amount in the LOE. Since you have no job and you are not authorized to work, I still say submit POF with the CECX application if you are absolutely sure it is a CEC ITA you received.