+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

If my POF is exact 6 months old, would i still need to submit a gift deed?

TIA

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvd said:
Guys,

If my POF is exact 6 months old, would i still need to submit a gift deed?

TIA
If you received those funds over 6 months ago then there is no need for a gift deed.

Cheers :)

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
If you received those funds over 6 months ago then there is no need for a gift deed.

Hi Delpiere07,

I have sent you a PM, pls check and revert.

Micellangelo

Nov 3, 2016
Hi everyone.

I have kinda tricky situation:

I have received PPR yesterday. I am in Canada right now with my wife under 3 year WP (PGWP+OWP) and preparing to land.

I had bank statement from CIBC with $18'000 when I applied for PR. I am also a holder of LMIA+JO. But I haven't been under WP at that time. But now I am.

So, If I have WP+LMIA+JO am I exempt to proof of funds requirement?

If not, is my 6 month old bank statement sufficient, or I need to make a fresh one?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Micellangelo said:
Hi everyone.

I have kinda tricky situation:

I have received PPR yesterday. I am in Canada right now with my wife under 3 year WP (PGWP+OWP) and preparing to land.

I had bank statement from CIBC with $18'000 when I applied for PR. I am also a holder of LMIA+JO. But I haven't been under WP at that time. But now I am.

So, If I have WP+LMIA+JO am I exempt to proof of funds requirement?

If not, is my 6 month old bank statement sufficient, or I need to make a fresh one?

Thanks!
Congratulations!

If you either had 600 additional points for the LMIA+JO or were invited under CEC, you're exempted from POF requirements.

pritywiz

Sep 6, 2016
kryt0n said:
No - money has to be in liquid funds, not dependant on a property sale.
I read somewhere that the Immigration officials wouldnt want us to sell the property before we actually migrate. The land value is way beyond the required amount for POF. He can have the property transferred in his name before that.

Or, should we sell the property before sending the POF details and have the funds in any bank balance, but that would mean I wont be able to six months statement.

Please help me here.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pritywiz said:
I read somewhere that the Immigration officials wouldnt want us to sell the property before we actually migrate. The land value is way beyond the required amount for POF. He can have the property transferred in his name before that.

Or, should we sell the property before sending the POF details and have the funds in any bank balance, but that would mean I wont be able to six months statement.

Please help me here.
This is irrelevant. If you sell the property to meet the minimum funds then as long as proof is provided as to where that money is coming from you're fine.

Micellangelo

Nov 3, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations!

If you either had 600 additional points for the LMIA+JO or were invited under CEC, you're exempted from POF requirements.
That is not True. To be exempt I need to have JO+LMIA+WP. Without authorization to work in Canada LMAI+JO don't make one exempt from PoF requirement.

The question remains:

If I have initially showed PoF because I haven't had WP yet, not I meet all criteria to be exempt (JO+LMIA+WP).

Do I still need PoF? If yes, is my 6 month old bank statement enough, or should I make a fresh one?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Micellangelo said:
That is not True. To be exempt I need to have JO+LMIA+WP. Without authorization to work in Canada LMAI+JO don't make one exempt from PoF requirement.

The question remains:

If I have initially showed PoF because I haven't had WP yet, not I meet all criteria to be exempt (JO+LMIA+WP).

Do I still need PoF? If yes, is my 6 month old bank statement enough, or should I make a fresh one?
Read my response again.

If you had 600 additional points, you're exempted. If you never had those 600 additional points (and not invited under CEC), you're not exempted.

If you're not exempted, you may be asked for POF at landing. A 6 months old statement won't work, you'll need a recent statement.

Micellangelo

Nov 3, 2016
From CIC website:

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
I had 600 points, but I wasn't working (only part time as student), and wasn't authorized to work in Canada (I have been under Study Permit)

P.S.: So my conclusion is I need to get new Proof of Funds (at least new statement)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Micellangelo said:
From CIC website:

I had 600 points, but I wasn't working (only part time as student), and wasn't authorized to work in Canada (I have been under Study Permit)

P.S.: So my conclusion is I need to get new Proof of Funds (at least new statement)
Feel free to ignore the first part of my most recent response and show up with a recent bank statement at landing. You'll likely not even be asked for POF but the effort of getting that statement would probably still be far lesser than the time and effort already expended in these back-and-forth messages.

All the best!

Micellangelo

Nov 3, 2016
Thanks you! If something, I didn't wont to offend you or to waste your time. The reason of my thoroughness is that I currently don't have enough money on my account, and I need to know if I neeed to look for such money ASAP or not.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
e-APR submitted December 1, AOR received. However, I used letter from spouse bank (RBC) for POF. RBC did not include average balance for last 6mts in the letter. We included last 3 account statements though. I hope that will work.