+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

JordanaF

Feb 27, 2017
Hi everybody!
I'm new here :)

Does someone know if money like "travel money" in a kind of card (like Visa travel money..) could be used as a proof of funds? At CIC website I saw we have another option "travelers cheque" and I found that these cards are the modern version of those cheques.
A guy from an immigration agency told me yes, because it's rastreble and I can show how long the money are there..
I hope he is right, because let my money in a bank is not possible now.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
JordanaF said:
Hi everybody!
I'm new here :)

Does someone know if money like "travel money" in a kind of card (like Visa travel money..) could be used as a proof of funds? At CIC website I saw we have another option "travelers cheque" and I found that these cards are the modern version of those cheques.
A guy from an immigration agency told me yes, because it's rastreble and I can show how long the money are there..
I hope he is right, because let my money in a bank is not possible now.
Travel Money, travelers cheques can be cashed..so yes

You must however be able to show relevant info, such as purchase and balance etc.

corolla110

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brilew said:
Thank you Corolla 110. Your help is highly appreciated. I will follow this format. But still I would love to know if six months bank statement is compulsory.
To be in safe side yes. Even if you show POF by liquidating assets or gift deed, I advice you to show the six month bank statement.
If you liquidate any assets or received a gift deed you have to show a sale deed agreement or affadavit from lender to justify the sudden inflow of cash to your account.
Brows through relevant forums and you will find plenty of such cases.

abeblawy

Feb 12, 2017
1-Does anybody know whether the saving certificates in dollars (period maybe for 3 to 5 years) can be counted in the proof of funds amount or should all the money be liquidated?
2-Can my credit cards limit be included in the proof of funds as well?

appreciate your help

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
I wanted to know what document will support to show my salary as i was paid cash in hand by my employer during my previous job. kindly suggest

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Hello,

My situation is that I am in a Sales role at my company and, apart from a monthly salary, I get paid a yearly sales commission. Now there is no particular schedule on which this commission is paid to me; I just withdraw from the company however much I need each month.

Now due to this, a hefty amount has been collecting in my name at my company's fund, but I don't have a strong Bank Statement.

I will definitely ask my company to pay me a larger amount (around CAD 12-13,000) but naturally it'll appear in my account as a balloon payment.

My question is; can I get an official letter from my company stating that I have $X amount in my name (which includes Sales Commission, Gratuity and Provident Fund), and which is liable to be paid to me upon my request (Sales Commission) or upon my departure from the company (Gratuity + PF)?

I can even have my company write this letter on an official Notarized Stamp Paper.

Considering the amount will not be in my account for 6 months, will this document satisfy the authorities that the money is indeed my own?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Kazem said:
Hello,

My situation is that I am in a Sales role at my company and, apart from a monthly salary, I get paid a yearly sales commission. Now there is no particular schedule on which this commission is paid to me; I just withdraw from the company however much I need each month.

Now due to this, a hefty amount has been collecting in my name at my company's fund, but I don't have a strong Bank Statement.

I will definitely ask my company to pay me a larger amount (around CAD 12-13,000) but naturally it'll appear in my account as a balloon payment.

My question is; can I get an official letter from my company stating that I have $X amount in my name (which includes Sales Commission, Gratuity and Provident Fund), and which is liable to be paid to me upon my request (Sales Commission) or upon my departure from the company (Gratuity + PF)?

I can even have my company write this letter on an official Notarized Stamp Paper.

Considering the amount will not be in my account for 6 months, will this document satisfy the authorities that the money is indeed my own?
I did not understand your question.
You are entitled for yearly commission, which you get quarterly/monthly/half-yearly/annually. This would be mentioned in your paystub. You can show that.
You have to show the source of funds for any significant amount either through paystub, letter from employer on letterhead.
PF (final figure as on date)on a letter along with PF account statement.
Gratuity along with the figure ( final figure as on date)( I am not sure if employer would write the figure on the letter) . Gratuity is a benefit that you are getting.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
barusahib2013 said:
I wanted to know what document will support to show my salary as i was paid cash in hand by my employer during my previous job. kindly suggest
Pay stubs or any letter by your employer stating the salary/month (on letterhead).

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
For 6 month bank statement do we need to show/maintain $12k? For 6 months

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
vishalg said:
I did not understand your question.
You are entitled for yearly commission, which you get quarterly/monthly/half-yearly/annually. This would be mentioned in your paystub. You can show that.
You have to show the source of funds for any significant amount either through paystub, letter from employer on letterhead.
PF (final figure as on date)on a letter along with PF account statement.
Gratuity along with the figure ( final figure as on date)( I am not sure if employer would write the figure on the letter) . Gratuity is a benefit that you are getting.
Hi Vishalg,

Actually I don't get paid the yearly commission according to any particular schedule; as mentioned, I withdraw some amount each month. So if i now ask my company to pay me a large amount, and show a pay stub or company bank statement showing the cheque number debiting that amount into my account, will that be acceptable to CIC? I can accompany this with an official letter from my company stating that they paid me my commission and that it is, in fact, mine.

Secondly, I can include a PF and Gratuity letter stating the amounts due to me as well.

What do you think, would this be acceptable?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Kazem said:
Hi Vishalg,

Actually I don't get paid the yearly commission according to any particular schedule; as mentioned, I withdraw some amount each month. So if i now ask my company to pay me a large amount, and show a pay stub or company bank statement showing the cheque number debiting that amount into my account, will that be acceptable to CIC? I can accompany this with an official letter from my company stating that they paid me my commission and that it is, in fact, mine.

Secondly, I can include a PF and Gratuity letter stating the amounts due to me as well.

What do you think, would this be acceptable?
if you can get a letter/paystub mentioning the amount, it is accepted.
Similarly a letter mentioning PF and gratuity due to you and will be released when you resign shall also work.
All the best

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Aashy09 said:
For 6 month bank statement do we need to show/maintain $12k? For 6 months
it is not mandatory for you to show average of 12k. But at the time of submission of application, current balance should be above the minimum requirements. If there is a significant increase in the average funds over the months then you have show the source of funds. Avg balances are asked in order to find out if the applicant has taken any loan to fulfill POF

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
vishalg said:
if you can get a letter/paystub mentioning the amount, it is accepted.
Similarly a letter mentioning PF and gratuity due to you and will be released when you resign shall also work.
All the best
Thanks a bunch, man. This is very helpful!

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hello Vishalg,
Gratuity is accepted by CIC?
If Gratuity statement taken on Letterhead and stamp on it, will it be accepted?
Kindly suggest.
Thanks in advance.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:
Hello Vishalg,
Gratuity is accepted by CIC?
If Gratuity statement taken on Letterhead and stamp on it, will it be accepted?
Kindly suggest.
Thanks in advance.
I don't know for sure, no one has ever taken statement with a figure, but it is similar to PF if an employer can write the figure on the letterhead and can confirm they will release it upon resignation then I think it should be accepted