Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Hi all,

i have few questions to be clarified.

* proof of funds : i am currently working in Canada and i am here on a PGWP staying with my wife do i need to show the funds as below for 2 people.

* employment(foreign): my ex-employer does not want to give a letter of reference . they say its out of companies policy. i have a email from HR which states that they will not provide any letter as such. so can i mention this email in the emplyment records and mention the same in letter of explanation.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the Low Income Cut-Off totals. If you filled out your Express Entry profile before January 27, 2015, you may have received correspondence that your profile has been reassessed. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you qualify under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
Hi all,

* proof of funds : i am currently working in Canada and i am here on a PGWP staying with my wife do i need to show the funds as below for 2 people.

If you qualify under CEC (regardless of what stream you get an ITA from) you are not required to show POF. You can show whatever monies you have in the bank along with pay stubs, job offer letter, T4 etc.

* employment(foreign): my ex-employer does not want to give a letter of reference . they say its out of companies policy. i have a email from HR which states that they will not provide any letter as such. so can i mention this email in the emplyment records and mention the same in letter of explanation.

That mail is good evidence. However, you will need to get a reference letter that outlines your job roles & responsibilities - this is critical.

Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the Low Income Cut-Off totals. If you filled out your Express Entry profile before January 27, 2015, you may have received correspondence that your profile has been reassessed. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you qualify under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
Number of
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
Hi all,

Number of
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853

As far as the ex-employer, does it affect your score (EE or FSW) if you remove that particular job from your work history? If you still have the required number of years of foreign work experience for your score, you can take it off safely, and then you don't have to supply the letter. If it's a job you need to keep on your application, then your letter of explanation from HR plus ANYTHING you can think of to prove that you worked there and in what capacity, such as an affidavit from a supervisor, your pay stubs or tax forms, will help.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
hi asivad,

yes i see MET for CEC but i got ITA for FSW do i need to show this POF..(15k)

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
hi asivad,

yes i see MET for CEC but i got ITA for FSW do i need to show this POF..(15k)
You do. "valid" offer and "arranged" employment refer to employment with an LMIA, not with an open work permit. What is unclear is whether you can use your current salary in Canada as evidence that you have the funds. No one that I know of has dared to do that without also showing evidence of the required amount in the bank, but it is conceivable that so long as your Canadian job is an indeterminate one, not a contract one, you could.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
i dont have a LMIA. as LMIA is not required for PGWP holders.

currently i am permanent full-time employee.

so is it OK to decline invitation and reduce my POF to like 5k and wait for the next draw to be much clearer.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Asivad Anac said:

If you qualify under CEC (regardless of what stream you get an ITA from) you are not required to show POF. You can show whatever monies you have in the bank along with pay stubs, job offer letter, T4 etc.
Not required to show POF if we are under CEC ?? ? :eek:
I am also currently working in Canada (Permanent full time NO LMIA) and on PGWP staying alone...
Does I need POF ($11,931 avg 6 months) or NOT ??

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Re: PROOF OF FUNDS & employment FOR FSW APPLICANT WORKING IN CANADA--asivad plea

asivad,,

need your advise please....

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
please advise

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick~Nick said:
Not required to show POF if we are under CEC ?? ? :eek:
I am also currently working in Canada (Permanent full time NO LMIA) and on PGWP staying alone...
Does I need POF ($11,931 avg 6 months) or NOT ??
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

That's a direct quote from CIC. Just enter proof of funds on their website.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
dobes said:
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

That's a direct quote from CIC. Just enter proof of funds on their website.
Still confuse, but then I search proof of funds on website and got this two line that make sense

But still what that means ??

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick~Nick said:
Still confuse, but then I search proof of funds on website and got this two line that make sense

But still what that means ??

The first part applies to FSW applicants. FSW applicants with an LMIA do not have to show proof of funds. The second part repeats the first, and adds that those who apply under CEC also do not have to show funds.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
kakhileshreddy said:
i dont have a LMIA. as LMIA is not required for PGWP holders.

currently i am permanent full-time employee.

so is it OK to decline invitation and reduce my POF to like 5k and wait for the next draw to be much clearer.
You can put proof of fund as 0$ and then you wont have to show any proof of fund if you get invitation under CEC.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
dobes said:
The first part applies to FSW applicants. FSW applicants with an LMIA do not have to show proof of funds. The second part repeats the first, and adds that those who apply under CEC also do not have to show funds.
That means:
FSW applicants + LMIA = NO POF needed
CEC applicants + LMIA = NO POF needed

So that means without LMIA POF needs ??

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick~Nick said:
That means:
FSW applicants + LMIA = NO POF needed
CEC applicants + LMIA = NO POF needed

So that means without LMIA POF needs ??
Yes, although it should be CEC applicants = NO POF. FSW without LMIA needs POF. The ONLY question is whether you must prove that you have it in the bank, as the directions say, or whether a stable annual Canadian salary above those limits is enough to satisfy CIC that you can support yourself in Canada.

Toward the beginning of my application process, I called CIC to ask that exact question. I made it clear I did not have an LMIA, and that I work in Canada on an open work permit, as the partner of a graduate student. I do, however, have a good, permanent, stable, full-time job. The call center rep said that showing my T4 and NoA would be fine to prove I could support myself and my partner in Canada. However, I do have (barely) the required amount in the bank as well, and demonstrated that in my application, along with providing my T4 and NoA. Other people have asked the same question of CIC and have gotten a different answer, so I don't really know if this issue has been resolved. As I said, I don't know of anyone with an FSW ITA who has been brave enough to apply without the funds in the bank, and only a non-LMIA Canadian salary to show they can support themselves.