+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds? Currently working legally, but no LMA

JSantana

Jun 10, 2015
I'm currently on a PGWP that expires on July 25, 2017, and have been invited to apply for PR under FSW.

Re: Proof of Funds. The minimum for a 1 person family (which is my case) it's 12K on saving, but I'm nowhere near that amount on my bank account.
Even though I don't have an LMA my type of work permit allows me to work legally in Canada without one, and that's what I've been doing for the past 7 months, earning a pretty decent annual salary, that is obviously more than the required 12K. Would it be acceptable if I provided a work letter as a proof of funds?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
JSantana said:
I'm currently on a PGWP that expires on July 25, 2017, and have been invited to apply for PR.

Re: Proof of Funds. The minimum for a 1 person family (which is my case) it's 12K on saving, but I'm nowhere near that amount on my bank account.
Even though I don't have an LMA my type of work permit allows me to work legally in Canada without one, and that's what I've been doing for the past 7 months, earning a pretty decent annual salary, that is obviously more than the required 12K. Would it be acceptable if I provided a work letter as a proof of funds?
Did you receive ITA under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or Do you have LMIA? if yes then you do not need to provide proof of fund. Just show your bank balance of any amount. if no then you must provide proof of fund with a minimum bank balance of $12,164, otherwise your application will be rejected right away.

JSantana

Jun 10, 2015
sam_dawkins said:
Did you receive ITA under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or Do you have LMIA? if yes then you do not need to provide proof of fund. Just show your bank balance of any amount. if no then you must provide proof of fund with a minimum bank balance of $12,164, otherwise your application will be rejected right away.
I was invited to apply under FSW. But I'm currently working legally in the country, at a full time & permanent position

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
JSantana said:
I was invited to apply under FSW. But I'm currently working legally in the country, at a full time & permanent position
If you are under FSW, you need to have a valid job offer (LMIA approved jobs) AND currently authorized to work in Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Your permanent job, just like many of us here have, is not a valid job offer according to cic so you do need to provide proof of funds.

Another way is to wait for another 5 months and you will be eligible for CEC and you will not need to provide proof of funds.

JSantana

Jun 10, 2015
sby123 said:
If you are under FSW, you need to have a valid job offer (LMIA approved jobs) AND currently authorized to work in Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Your permanent job, just like many of us here have, is not a valid job offer according to cic so you do need to provide proof of funds.

Another way is to wait for another 5 months and you will be eligible for CEC and you will not need to provide proof of funds.
I can't really wait another 5 months, because my PGWP expires this July. Is it possible for me to obtain this money from my parents as a gift? Would that be accepted if I add an explanation letter?

JSantana

Jun 10, 2015
I Just wanted to let anyone that might be in my current situation know that CIC accepts Parents gift as POF as long as you can prove with a properly legalized document that it's a gift and that you are under no obligation to pay it back.

Forum link --> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pof-6-months-average-balance-requirement-t344990.0.html

Good luck!