+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds based on existing Canada spendings

VincentHue

Dec 18, 2023
Please suggest me what are my options for providing proof of funds for Express Entry.
It says I need to show $21,055 for a family of 3.
But I have trouble to save this being already in Canada, paying for rent, groceries and childcare.
I am on a WorkPermit, spending:
- 3000$ rent
- 200$ utilities
- 1200$ child care
- 600$ groceries

I barely can save around 1000$ a month, so it would take 21months for me to collect $21,055 for proof of funds.

But I am already supporting myself in Canada, why do I need extra 21k$ on bank account to prove it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please suggest me what are my options for providing proof of funds for Express Entry.
It says I need to show $21,055 for a family of 3.
But I have trouble to save this being already in Canada, paying for rent, groceries and childcare.
I am on a WorkPermit, spending:
- 3150$ rent
- 200$ utilities
- 1200$ child care
- 600$ groceries

I barely can save around 1000$ a month, so it would take 21months for me to collect $21,055 for proof of funds.

But I am already supporting myself in Canada, why do I need extra 21k$ on bank account to prove it?
You don’t need POF if working in Canada.

Reactions: VincentHue

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am working for US company as Employee of Record in Canadian company, I am not sure if it counts

https://www.deel.com/glossary/employer-of-record/
Ask an accountant or lawyer specializing in US/Canada/immigration taxes. As per the EE site,

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

Is your work counted as Canadian experience and IRCC approves your job as Canadian experience through a PEO then you don’t need POF. You will not know this unless PR is approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: VincentHue