+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds as GIFT DEED - Please help!!!

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Hello all,

I am getting a gift deed from my father to show Proof of Funds. I read through the forums but I saw multiple answers so I was hoping to clarify it here :

1. Is it OK if 60% of the POF is through Gift Deed?

2. I am planning to submit an LOE explaining the source of funds, MY bank statements for 6 months, notarised gift deed and an affidavit from my father. He will be wire transferring the money to me from India (I live in Canada). In this case, what else do I need to submit for proof of transaction (ex - my father's bank statements, transfer receipt for the wire transfer etc).

Thank you so much. Any help is appreciated!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello all,

I am getting a gift deed from my father to show Proof of Funds. I read through the forums but I saw multiple answers so I was hoping to clarify it here :

1. Is it OK if 60% of the POF is through Gift Deed?

2. I am planning to submit an LOE explaining the source of funds, MY bank statements for 6 months, notarised gift deed and an affidavit from my father. He will be wire transferring the money to me from India (I live in Canada). In this case, what else do I need to submit for proof of transaction (ex - my father's bank statements, transfer receipt for the wire transfer etc).

Thank you so much. Any help is appreciated!
1. Yes
2. Notarized gift deed and your bank statement showing the funds were deposited in your account.