Proof of funds and sponsor

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

First of all thanks for such a great forum!

I have a couple of queries regarding sponsorship. I'm planning to start a 1yr post-graduate course in Toronto starting this September. According to cic.gc.ca one needs to present enough funds ($10,000 + tuition fees ($11,000) + return transportation). By mid-May 2010 (when I plan to apply for the student visa) I will probably have no more than $15,000. I'm wondering what the best solution would be in this case so please share your ideas.

I could actually borrow that amount (approx. $7,000) from my dad. The problem is that this transaction will be visible if I attach the last 4 months (from Jan to April) drafts in May that might be an issue. What happens if I only send them the last 3 say from February to April?

I do not want to give up my current job but plan to continue while studying in Canada as telecommuting was possible my company said.
Is it legal to work like that? If so, can my employer be my sponsor? Eg stating that I receive a monthly wage of $900 which is not that much but would cover my living expenses at least.

Your comments are much appreciated. Good luck to all.

Best regards.

matt

wistful_wenxh

Dec 22, 2009
You could pay ur tution fee from the money you have and could take a bank loan for living expeses. Even if you dont need a bank loan, the sanction letter will enable you to apply under SPP and under this you wont need to show any bank statements.

CANADIAN STUDY PERMIT CHECKLIST UNDER STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM(SPP)

The New Canadian Study Permit pilot project for SELECTED COMMUNITY COLLEGES / UNIVERSITIES is called the STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (SPP) and its objective is to streamline the application process and give priority to SPP applications, to improve the time it takes to properly process and assess applications (14 days) and to dramatically improve the overall approval rates of Canadian Study Permit. This scheme only applies to those who are submitting applications to either the Delhi or Chandigarh Canadian High Commission for Study Permits

The following documents are the only documents that will be required under the Student Partnership Program:

1. SPP Coversheet Checklist
2. Copy of Unconditional Offer letter from the University / College.
3. Copy of IELTS score that meets the minimum requirement of the University / College. TOEFL will no longer be considered as it is not as easily independently verifiable. The CHC will accept an IELTS overall score of 5.5 Band as a minimum requirement.
4. EDUCATION LOAN from selected banks (see list below). The Education Loan must be for a MINIMUM of CDN $8,000 (estimated Cost of Living for one year) to a MAXIMUM of CDN $8,000 + one semester’s fees. Example: If the student has paid one semester’s tuition fees, the balance tuition fees for one semester along with Living expense of CDN $ 8000 has to be compulsorily shown in the form of Education Loan Sanction letter. If a student is planning to pursue a 2 or 3 year diploma / degree program, he has to show only one year’s tuition fees & Living Cost of CDN $ 8000 for Study Permit.
5. Copy of Fee Receipt from College / University. It is strongly recommended that the applicant pay their first year’s tuition.
6. Copy of Most recent diploma, degree or leaving certificate and 2008-2009 mark sheets (if applicable).
7. Student Questionnaire
8. Current Passport (Original)
9. Application form
10. Personal Information Form
11. 3 Photographs (White Background 2” by 2”)

Besides the above documents the following documents are required to fill the necessary visa application forms:

1. Educational Certificates, Degrees, Diplomas & Marksheets – Std 10TH, 11TH, 12TH, 1ST Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year, 4th Year, Post Graduation, Other Diplomas, etc.
2. Work Experience Certificate / Reference Letter from Employer, if Employed.
3. Income Tax papers of self and sponsors, for the last 1 year – I.T. Acknowledgement, Tax Challans, Statement of Computation of Total Income, P & L A/c, Balance Sheet, Form 16, Other TDS Certificates, Salary Certificate, pay slips, etc.
4. If your family income is from agriculture please include land documents and agricultural income receipts (for the past one year).
5. Letters of employment from each parent’s employer, including the company’s full name, the address and telephone number of the employer/ supervisor, the length of service and the salary details. Same information for prospective student, if applicable

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a million for your suggestion. However it turned out that "At this time, SPP is open to Indian nationals only..."

I'm gonna apply for a visa in Vienna where the processing times are as follows:

EUROPE 2 days or less 7 days or less 14 days or less 28 days or less

Vienna 39% 61% 78% 90%

So I guess I should be okay as long as my application will be processed in 28 days. So that I could apply in June or even later.

Do you guys think that it might be a good idea to induce my employer to write a letter stating that upon completion of this course I will be welcomed to join again the developer team back in my country? I think this sounds like a good tie...I also have an apartment here.

Please let me know what you think all about this.

Thank you for your help. ;D

cheers.

matt

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Hi
I want to ask can i still apply for spp for sep 2010 session?