+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - American express bank

hyperloop

Nov 29, 2015
Hi, I understand that banks like bank of america can provide a letter for proof of funds but most of my money is in American Express' bank, which is a virtual bank and they do not have a service to provide such a letter. I can however get statements etc. Can I just submit statements and explain why my money is in a virtual bank(higher interest rate)? or is there any other option?

I couldn't find any information on such a case so posting it now.

Appreciate any help.

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Hi, I understand that banks like bank of america can provide a letter for proof of funds but most of my money is in American Express' bank, which is a virtual bank and they do not have a service to provide such a letter. I can however get statements etc. Can I just submit statements and explain why my money is in a virtual bank(higher interest rate)? or is there any other option?

I couldn't find any information on such a case so posting it now.

Appreciate any help.
I got mine from a similar virtual bank. Try calling them. They should be able to mail you a customized letter for this purpose.

Reactions: hyperloop

hyperloop

Nov 29, 2015
Just a quick update - I was able to call up Amex and they are sending me a letter but they are not able to include the 6-month average balance, so I am going to attach statements to support that data point.

huanla

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, would you please share some update with your case? using the POF from the letter Amex had provided? I am in the same situation, but not sure with 6 months of band statements it would be good enough to support my case. Many thanks!!!!!!

twaair

May 9, 2023
Did any just use the Amex bank statements as proof? I just called them and they said they don't issue a reference letter and all I get is the bank statement they send me every month...