+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds account holder query

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a query I and my wife are planning to apply for express entry, so with regards to the proof of funds I had 2 query.

- My wife will be travelling 1st and I will be travelling 3 months post it, will the proof of funds with myself as the 1st holder and wife as the 2nd holder of the bank account will be considered for her application or while showing the proof of funds on Landing?
- if they observe any spikes in the transfer of funds how do they assess it? and when and how can we justify the same?

Thanking you from your replies.

Regards,
Sam

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
samgrace375 said:
Hi guys,

I have a query I and my wife are planning to apply for express entry, so with regards to the proof of funds I had 2 query.

- My wife will be travelling 1st and I will be travelling 3 months post it, will the proof of funds with myself as the 1st holder and wife as the 2nd holder of the bank account will be considered for her application or while showing the proof of funds on Landing?
- if they observe any spikes in the transfer of funds how do they assess it? and when and how can we justify the same?

Thanking you from your replies.

Regards,
Sam
Yes, joint accounts with spouse are acceptable as long as the spouse is accompanying and is part of the application.

Any spike in your account needs to be explained if it supplements your savings to meet the LICO. If the LICO is undisturbed all along the application (and 6 months prior) till the landing process i don't think any explanation is warranted.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Remember the primary applicant must land before the accompanying family members.

harshkx

Jan 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

Quick query around Proof of Funds.

I am the primary applicant and my wife is the co-applicant. Both of us are working with salary accounts. However, most of the FDs are in my wife's name and account. And it is not a joint account.

Would it be possible to show these funds as POF collectively for both of us? Or all funds have to be in the primary applicant's account only?

Someone in the know, please do help and resolve this query.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
harshkx said:
Hi everyone,

Quick query around Proof of Funds.

I am the primary applicant and my wife is the co-applicant. Both of us are working with salary accounts. However, most of the FDs are in my wife's name and account. And it is not a joint account.

Would it be possible to show these funds as POF collectively for both of us? Or all funds have to be in the primary applicant's account only?

Someone in the know, please do help and resolve this query.

They can b in ur wife's account, u need to take a letter from ur wife stating that the funds can b used for immigration as POF

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, joint accounts with spouse are acceptable as long as the spouse is accompanying and is part of the application.

Any spike in your account needs to be explained if it supplements your savings to meet the LICO. If the LICO is undisturbed all along the application (and 6 months prior) till the landing process i don't think any explanation is warranted.
Thanks.I am part of the application just that once we get visa we wont be travelling together in that case also she can show the proof of funds with me as the 1st and she as the 2nd holder right?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
samgrace375 said:
Thanks.I am part of the application just that once we get visa we wont be travelling together in that case also she can show the proof of funds with me as the 1st and she as the 2nd holder right?
In case you both won't be traveling together, please make sure that the main applicant travels first.

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
In case you both won't be traveling together, please make sure that the main applicant travels first.
yea the primary applicant will travel 1st, actually my query is , will the primary applicant be able to show proof of funds with account as primary applicant as the 2nd holder of the account and spouse i.e the second applicant who is not travelling for now as the 1st holder of the account.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I understand one must keep funds throughout the application process in case they ask for an updated statement/letter. However, some are suggesting that you must also have this money when you land. Does this mean i need to have a NEW/RECENT proof of funds to show immigration on arrival? In other words, can one use the money to buy plane tickets or other relocation fees?

regards

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

I understand one must keep funds throughout the application process in case they ask for an updated statement/letter. However, some are suggesting that you must also have this money when you land. Does this mean i need to have a NEW/RECENT proof of funds to show immigration on arrival? In other words, can one use the money to buy plane tickets or other relocation fees?

regards
You have to have the funds when you land and may be asked to prove it. In which case a recent bank statement would be used. You have to have the minimum balance when you land, but you can use the account as long as you always maintain the minimum.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
kryt0n said:
You have to have the funds when you land and may be asked to prove it. In which case a recent bank statement would be used. You have to have the minimum balance when you land, but you can use the account as long as you always maintain the minimum.
Great. Thanks for make it clear.

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Hi,

I have created my Express entry profile with me as secondary applicant and wife as primary applicant and God willing should be picked in the next draw.

Quick query for you

1> I have mentioned that I should have 16K CAD in my profile though the bank proof I will be showing is HDFC and Yes bank and all in INR. That should be fine right?

2>I have 3 accounts, one in my name and another two is a joint account(one is where she receives her salary where she is primary holder and me as secondary and another just an ordinary joint account where I am the primary and she is the secondary account holder).I am planning to transfer all amount from the all accounts to the last ordinary joint account mentioned above.so I need to show proof from of all accounts showing transfers or just mention the Letter of explanation and show proof of funds from the the bank where I hold the ordinary joint account?

3>Can I obtain the letter from banks prior to receiving the ITA?