+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds – Bank Statements Notorize or not?

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
I am planning to submit ICICI Bank statement to New Delhi as a proof of funds. However I just have the PDF version of the bank statement. I am thinking about printing PDFs but not sure if I need to notorize them or not. Notary in US will not notorize them since I don't have any originals but they will put stamp something similar to “This is a true copy...” and ask me to sign there. Should I go for that or just leave with no notary/certification.

What do you say?

canada12

Jun 17, 2010
Just ask bank for a bank statement and have it notarized, I dont think they will accept a PDf file (It can be modified). Dont take the risk, just ask for one on paper.

cancer24 said:
I am planning to submit ICICI Bank statement to New Delhi as a proof of funds. However I just have the PDF version of the bank statement. I am thinking about printing PDFs but not sure if I need to notorize them or not. Notary in US will not notorize them since I don't have any originals but they will put stamp something similar to “This is a true copy...” and ask me to sign there. Should I go for that or just leave with no notary/certification.

What do you say?

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
Any other opinion on this?

SkilledPro

Mar 13, 2009
do not risk this part. you can ask the bank to send you bank certificate and have it notarized. i'm in the US and what i did was to ask my family in my home country to mail me bank certs. of course, i sent authorization letter to my family back home to present it to the bank so they could get the bank certs.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Different banks have different policies.
In case , i went to my bank with my printed statements from the internet and asked them to verify it was correct and stamp it with their seal. I submitted that. Since it was same bank they did it.

Does icici have a branch in US ? If so would they be able verify your statements ?If so get them to do so.

Else get a statement directly from your bank in india itself.