+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Fund

rishi

Apr 2, 2009
Hi all,

I have a query for showing proof of fund. My sister is providing fund for my studies. She is working in London, UK.

1. If I dont want to show her as a sponsor and If I ask her to transfer the whole amount in my account, will my bank statements be enough to show the sufficient amount?.. or will they ask my sister to show her bank statements?

2. If i show her as a sponsor, how much amount she needs to show in her account?

Thanks alot.

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
i should show your sister fund as the sponsor for you. if your sister transfer all money to your account, the General consulate will consider where the money come form. they do not say how much is enough, just satisfied them that your sister enough money for her self and your study in Canada. it depends how much of your study cost, your expenses, your sister expense.....ext.

biba

Feb 22, 2007
TRANSFERRING THE MONEY NOW WILL LOOK FISHY EXCEPT IF SHE DOESNT MIND AND LEAVES THE CASH IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR A MONTH OR TWO BEFORE YOU APPLY OR SHOW SOME ACTIVITY ON THE ACCOUNT SHOWING HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY GOING IN AND COMING OUT OF THE ACCOUNT OVER A PERIOD OF ONE - TWO MONTHS OTHERWISE LIST HER AS YOUR SPONSOR [/size]