+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Custody????

Kirsty

Dec 13, 2009
Hi can anyone answer my question, we are just gathering the documents to submit our Canadian Experiance class applicationon the document check list it states for all dependants under the age of 18 to provide "proof of custody and that they may be removed from the juristriction of the court." However I'm slightly confused by this as I am the biological parent of my son, his biological father is not listed on his birth certificate and has no involvement in his life what so ever (to be pefectly honest doesn't know of his existance for personal reasons). So why would I need to prove custody when there has never been any issue with custody in his life and I am his mother? Any help would be appreciated on how to prove custody or if this is needed and where I would get such information?? We have been finally able to get our application together to get submitted without being returned as incomplete and this part has me completely stumpped??!!

Many Thanks
Kirsty

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The child's birth certificate which identifies you as the mother, and does not identify a father, is part of the evidence. See p. 9 of the OP 1 for more info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf