+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof my Uncle is family - Express Entry

mathewsan

Jun 4, 2023
Hi all,

When asked If I had family in Canada in I had given my Uncles information, who is a citizen of Canada.
Please advise on ways to prove my relationship with my uncle. He has a Canadian passport, therefore it does not have his parent's name on it. I also tried to retrieve his birth certificate but was unable to.

Hoping to hear suggestions/solutions from all of you.

Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

When asked If I had family in Canada in I had given my Uncles information, who is a citizen of Canada.
Please advise on ways to prove my relationship with my uncle. He has a Canadian passport, therefore it does not have his parent's name on it. I also tried to retrieve his birth certificate but was unable to.

Hoping to hear suggestions/solutions from all of you.

Thanks in advance
From the IRCC website:

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).

mathewsan

Jun 4, 2023
From the IRCC website:

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
Hi,
Thank you for your reply!

In the 4th point, the only document I will be able to retrive is "an official document naming the applicant as a relative". Can this be a notarized letter stating he is my Uncle?

YVR0601

Oct 19, 2023
Hi,
Thank you for your reply!

In the 4th point, the only document I will be able to retrive is "an official document naming the applicant as a relative". Can this be a notarized letter stating he is my Uncle?
what document did you submit? I am in same boat as you, in my case my grandparents are citizen, I am baffled on how to prove my relationship to them.