+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion

Alael

Sep 14, 2010
Dear Guys,

Really will appreciate your response.

i am TFW in Ab with WP and LMO of Material Handler ( NOC 7452 Class C) expiring Mar 2011, Ive been verbally promoted and assigned now for 4 months as Night Supervisor with only the increase of 75c in my pay slip as proof.
Our main office who handle personnel is in a differet province Sk. I have been asking many questions to them since then as my status or new lmo and other thing but havent heard a straight answer and say they are finding a way.
What do you think is the best thing for me to do?

thanks

Alael

Sep 14, 2010
Hello po,

is it proper for me to ask constantly about what my status and their plans for me?

My undocumented work is under NOC 1421 class B while my lmo and work permit is only for 7452 class C.

Kindly advised what to do.

Salamat po.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Alael said:
Dear Guys,

Really will appreciate your response.

i am TFW in Ab with WP and LMO of Material Handler ( NOC 7452 Class C) expiring Mar 2011, Ive been verbally promoted and assigned now for 4 months as Night Supervisor with only the increase of 75c in my pay slip as proof.
Our main office who handle personnel is in a differet province Sk. I have been asking many questions to them since then as my status or new lmo and other thing but havent heard a straight answer and say they are finding a way.
What do you think is the best thing for me to do?

thanks
If you are working as a supervisor and you job is for a different occupation, you have a problem. You really should have a new LMO and work permit.

Alael

Sep 14, 2010
can they refuse to process an lmo and worse revert me to my job as material handler until my old lmo or wp expires?

thanks

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Firstly, I would guess that if your new job is NOC B and they are only paying you 75c an hour more, they are way underpaying you. That fact alone will get a negative LMO.

Try researching your job specification, NOC level and wage on Service Canada site first. Make sure that you comply with all the requirements that the job asks for.

The company then will then have to advertise the new job you are doing for 2 weeks, locally and Nationally, then if no Canadian is available, submit new documents for a new LMO.

To a degree, I can understand why a Company is hesitant to apply for the LMO, it is a lot of hassle sometimes. Also, should this LMO application fail, then I believe you will be out of status (seniors could confirm this, not sure if you could revert back to the old work visa and job)

At the same time, doing a job that is not specified on your work visa is also not allowed.

Catch 22 situation......good luck.