Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Jason Kenney is young dynamic individual who previously served 2 years as the Multiculturalism Minister,Coming from Alberta which has a very progressive Immigration Policy and Having dealt with the different cultural communities,He is expected to bring new energy and empathy to his job.He is a trusted Aide to Prime minister Harper going back to the early days of the Conservative Party.Having talked to him on 4 different occasions,He has excellent knowlege of the issues facing new Canadians and Immigration issues,He still keeps his old portfolio of Multiculturalism and this will make sure that He will trying to speed up the process,because this was what he was getting blasted about regularly as Multiculturalism Minister.I am optimistic,He will achieve real change in Immigration

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We still have the same government so they are troops of the same army. This is why I think it unlikely that the new minister will make any drastic changes to the policies made by the former minister but we shall see.

slmz

Oct 31, 2008
ghiaskhan said:
BCGuy..I admire your posts,with mature and well informed views. Would the new minister be able to undo what the ex minister has done or it will be a damage control excercise?
Why do you think the new minister should undo the rules? What is the damage that you are talking about and why is there a need for damage control?

I doubt it will be any majoy change to the proposed rule. But as Leon said, we shall see.

ghiaskhan

BCguy said:
Jason Kenney is young dynamic individual who previously served 2 years as the Multiculturalism Minister,Coming from Alberta which has a very progressive Immigration Policy and Having dealt with the different cultural communities,He is expected to bring new energy and empathy to his job.He is a trusted Aide to Prime minister Harper going back to the early days of the Conservative Party.Having talked to him on 4 different occasions,He has excellent knowlege of the issues facing new Canadians and Immigration issues,He still keeps his old portfolio of Multiculturalism and this will make sure that He will trying to speed up the process,because this was what he was getting blasted about regularly as Multiculturalism Minister.I am optimistic,He will achieve real change in Immigration

Many people had been expecting major changes in immigration policy with the change of immigration miniser.I agree with Leon "they are the troops of the same army". But troops do make tactical manovers and change positions if so required.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You have to understand the different perspectives Diane Finley came from Suburban Ontario and Human Resources Canada which She returned to,She was not exactly a Multicultural person,As opposed to Jason Kenney who was Multicultural even from his College Days.They have different life experiences and Missions,Diane Finley was to administrate,While Kenney is expected to be more assertive and innovative in reaching out to the Visibile Minorities of Canada.Lets just see,I will having lunch with his Special Assistant next week to get more insights

Summer

Oct 25, 2008
Hello BCguy,

This is a relief that you tell us that our new immigration minister comes from a background of multiculturism as it will help him understand what we are going through. I have a question. In your previous post you said that you will be meeting with his special assitant to get more insight.

Just wondering if you would be asking him/her about family class as well or just about skilled workers class. Any updated information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your informational posts,

CK1

Jun 6, 2008
Does anyone know when the list of 36 required occupations is going to be release?