+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Evaluation, Admit and Visa chances

MSGJ

Jan 1, 2017
Hello All,

I am currently working as a Software developer at BookMyShow in India.
I have a GRE score of 311 and TOEFL of 106.
I had pursued my under grads in B.Engg Automobile, but considering my interest I decided to continue my career in programming.
After my B.Engg I had spent 8 months pursuing course in .Net Technology.
I have an aggregate of 62% in my B.Engg without any backlog from University of Mumbai.

I am really interested to pursue my Masters in Computer Science, but due to my Non-CS background, I am sort of worried if the University will give admit and even if University does gives admit, what are my chances of getting the Visa.

If not Computer Science, what other course can help me bridge my Non-CS background. I am primarily looking into AI and specifically in ML or NLP.

Your response will be really appreciated and will help me making my decision.

P.S: I have a tourist rejection from Canada a year back, will that anyway affect my chances of getting student visa?

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
hi,
I can very well understand your situation- "Auto.Engg to software".
And I'll not say its impossible to get an admit or a VISA. It all depends on your personal factors.
1. your work experience as a developer
2. A valid certificate in .Net?
3. A very strong and a sensible SOP.

If you get an admit in a college, then u need to work on VISA SOP. U need to convince the visa officer that you are really passionate about the course / studies.
And Yes, the previous visa rejection may have some influence depending on the reason for rejection in the past.

MSGJ

Jan 1, 2017
Thank you for the response RamGopinath, I wanted to understand that considering the current growth in Automotive industries and invention of smart cars, are there any courses in Masters that bridge Automotive industry to software industry?
I am specifically looking for these courses in Canada or US.