+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Denied - Question CEC and FSW

andreavalim

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone, I really hope you can help me with this as I can't find enough information online.

Right now I'm in Canada on a Post Graduation Work Permit since 2016. Ive been here for 3 years in a Student visa before, up to 2016. I graduated in Canada and got a job in my field (NOC 1221 - Admin Officer), it's been 12 months now. My PGWP permit will expire November 18, 2017. I think the next step is the PR, as I want to stay here.

The original plan was to complete the required 12 months of experience and then apply for residency through Canadian Experience Class. But I already live here and I already work in my company, and I called the 0800 and they told me in my case my employer DOESNT need a LMIA (is that true?). And I said in the profile "I do not have a job offer" because I already work my current job. Is that correct? Also, when I filled my candidate profile last week I thought I could count my work experience in HOURS, so I got rejected...I think because I started working in July 20, so it hasn't been a year technically. Could that be the reason why?

I also took the IELTS recently, because I saw in the website, but as I was filling my profile it mentioned Canadian Bench something. Do I have to take another test just to fill the profile or IELTS (general) is ok?

It would be 5x more expensive to get an immigration lawyer...I'm so confused because I got my profile rejected, please help. Should I go for an extension of the work permit instead, just to be safe? Or should I proceed with the PR application in July 20 (when I have 12 months experience)? Also, I didn't see anywhere specific where I could pick CEC or FWS! When completing the tool, it just gave me express entry...

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

What is the length of your PGWP? If you studies for 3 years, you are entitled for 3 yrs PGWP. Given the time you have and the position you are in, my suggestion would be to extend your work permit.

Can you please provide more details:

- Your education and work experience
- IELTS score
- Approximate CRS score when you use the CRS calculator

Hello everyone, I really hope you can help me with this as I can't find enough information online.

Right now I'm in Canada on a Post Graduation Work Permit since 2016. Ive been here for 3 years in a Student visa before, up to 2016. I graduated in Canada and got a job in my field (NOC 1221 - Admin Officer), it's been 12 months now. My PGWP permit will expire November 18, 2017. I think the next step is the PR, as I want to stay here.

The original plan was to complete the required 12 months of experience and then apply for residency through Canadian Experience Class. But I already live here and I already work in my company, and I called the 0800 and they told me in my case my employer DOESNT need a LMIA (is that true?). And I said in the profile "I do not have a job offer" because I already work my current job. Is that correct? Also, when I filled my candidate profile last week I thought I could count my work experience in HOURS, so I got rejected...I think because I started working in July 20, so it hasn't been a year technically. Could that be the reason why?

I also took the IELTS recently, because I saw in the website, but as I was filling my profile it mentioned Canadian Bench something. Do I have to take another test just to fill the profile or IELTS (general) is ok?

It would be 5x more expensive to get an immigration lawyer...I'm so confused because I got my profile rejected, please help. Should I go for an extension of the work permit instead, just to be safe? Or should I proceed with the PR application in July 20 (when I have 12 months experience)? Also, I didn't see anywhere specific where I could pick CEC or FWS! When completing the tool, it just gave me express entry...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

It is quite possible to successfully apply without a lawyer, but you need to do quite a bit more homework. All the answers to your questions are on the IRCC website, you need to spend a lot more time reading the information that IRCC provides.

One year of skilled Canadian work experience is the MINIMUM requirement under the CEC class. If you started working on July XX 2016, it is not a mere technicality - you do not qualify yet. That is why your profile was rejected. Wait until you work a full year, then try to submit your profile again.

You do not chose the program. If your profile is accepted into the pool, the system will tell you which program you are eligible for. If you are eligible for CEC and another program, you will be selected for CEC by default.

This is a VERY important page for learning how to prepare to apply.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

If your CRS score is high enough to earn an invitation to apply, then you will have plenty of time to submit your application and apply for a bridging open work permit.

andreavalim

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,

What is the length of your PGWP? If you studies for 3 years, you are entitled for 3 yrs PGWP. Given the time you have and the position you are in, my suggestion would be to extend your work permit.

Can you please provide more details:

- Your education and work experience
- IELTS score
- Approximate CRS score when you use the CRS calculator
It was 1.5y. So in November 18 this year its done. I looked up extending the post grad permit and I can't, I would have to apply for an open work visa, correct? Would my employer be involved in any ways?

Education: College certificate 1y Admin Office Professional
Work exp: 1 year working as an Office Manager full-time permanent
IELTS: +- 8.5 overall
CRS: 416 if I dont put a job offer and 476 if I do (but considering I already work my job, I think they would have to get a LMIA)

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Bro
1. PGWP cannot be extended, it is given only once for either one year or three years in most cases.
2. Your knowledge is very limited on express entry, even I am no expert but you are missing too many points like you think IELTS general and CLB level are different things.
So
3. either you need to study hard to understand the process.
or 4. get a lawyer

Last edited: