+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times under Express Entry - IMPORTANT

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Hey guys.

Ok so I just chatted with my lawyers. Apparently, once you receive your ITA, you will have 60 days to submit all the documents - like we already know. Once you submit all the documents, you will again wait for the acknowledgment of receipt.

So it seems ITA arrived extremely fast to all of you who got in, but does someone knows how long will you wait for AOR after you submit all the documents in this Express Entry system?

In the old system I know latest AOR processing times were around 12-14 weeks.

My LMIA is expiring in May so I just want to clarify the processing times. Also for you guys to know, if someone is in the same situation like me this is how it will work:

1) You will get ITA
2) You will submit your documents (the sooner, the better)
3) You will wait for AOR (hopefully it won't take a long time)
4) If your AOR arrives before your LMIA expires you will be eligible to apply for bridging visa until you get your PR. (If your LMIA expires before you receive AOR, CIC won't count 600 points from LMIA).

Timing is everything in this immigration game.

Does anyone has some info on all of this?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's pretty much it. Once you've submitted all your docs they say they'll have the PR application processed and complete within 6 months so the AOR's will have to come quicker.

hope82

Nov 10, 2014
There is a thread in Canada visa forum for express entry AOR and two of the forum members stated that they got AOR immediately after they submit their application. One of them submitted the application on a Saturday and he got AOR on Monday and another one got it in 10 minutes and he submitted his application on 10th February