+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
I reside in US and have an approval for fall from a college in BC and will be applying for the student visa this week online. I have read somewhere that it takes a month to process online applications that gives me time for the start of the course on September 1st.

My question is what happens if there is a delay in the visa approval? If my student visa is not approved by end of August and is approved later, i hope not, will I still be able to join the course late?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are approved late it's up to the college. Ask them.

There is a strike going right now with all Canadian visa offices. Permits may be delayed. Apply as soon as you possibly can.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rohitnar said:
I reside in US and have an approval for fall from a college in BC and will be applying for the student visa this week online. I have read somewhere that it takes a month to process online applications that gives me time for the start of the course on September 1st.

My question is what happens if there is a delay in the visa approval? If my student visa is not approved by end of August and is approved later, i hope not, will I still be able to join the course late?
contact ur college normally one or two weeks is ok....but verify with ur college....check ur registration dates that will be the last date u can join i believe....

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks.

In this page cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

under Applications Submitted Inside Canada - Student online shows 25 days. Is this the processing time that I should be looking at?

Also I was given to understand that student applications are not permitted from within Canada. So what does the 66 days for student under Paper Application - Applications Submitted Inside Canada mean?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
rohitnar said:

Hey Rohit. I have also applied for visa from USA. It says the process takes one month but I submitted my application on May 22 but still there has been no reply. You should apply really fast or otherwise you will run out of time.

If you are concerned about whether you can register for the next term, ask this to your college. They would tell you whether you can or not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmZuOpGyQcQYdFJ1RTBrcnlZTFNzNFhLUDJFUF9TbFE&usp=sharing

Fill your details here. We are also hoping for some good news . If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/people-who-applied-for-study-permit-la-consulate-for-fall-2013-t155147.0.html

You can also join this post thread

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
according to NY its 9 weeks and LA is 8 weeks processing time

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
I think we are talking 2 different things here. I am not talking about paper applications for Study Permit sent to LA or NY offices.

I am planning to apply online to LA office by this week. What will be my processing time???

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
rohitnar said:
I think we are talking 2 different things here. I am not talking about paper applications for Study Permit sent to LA or NY offices.

I am planning to apply online to LA office by this week. What will be my processing time???
It says 25 days online but you should not trust what it says online. The visas being issued from USA are being delayed, whether they are online or paper. So give or take, keep in mind approximately two months

dadadakkkk

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, for applying study permit NOT extending, processing time doesn't have difference between online and paper based.

Also, some colleges and universities want to prove your study permit by their due dates(it is really depends on ur school.)
For me, I need to get my study permit by Aug.22 even classes will start on Sep. 3rd.

You better ask them.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rohitnar said:

ur looking at application inside canada processing times....ur online application will be routed to NY or LA office and since they dont have NY/LA online processing time so its a fair assumption that it is same paper based or online..i think online it takes more time but not sure........