+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
Do you know usually how long does it take to start processing so I can check the status online? Is it as soon as they pick up from Canada Post?

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
shiva5687 said:
Great News OCH!!! i just got a reply from dem tat my application was n Que to be reviewed. So i wish i will be getting next week.. Will c..
How did you receive feedback from them? Did you email them requesting feedback regarding your process? Because Mine was picked up last Friday, but I still can't check application status online for some reason. :/

shiva5687

Nov 16, 2012
paulapvd said:
How did you receive feedback from them? Did you email them requesting feedback regarding your process? Because Mine was picked up last Friday, but I still can't check application status online for some reason. :/
Yes i did send them a mail requesting an update. u wont be getting reply right away. first they will be sending an automated reply and after couple of days they will be sending the real update. Gud luck to u!!

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
shiva5687 said:
Yes i did send them a mail requesting an update. u wont be getting reply right away. first they will be sending an automated reply and after couple of days they will be sending the real update. Gud luck to u!!
But what about check the status online? When are we able to do that?

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
takuliu said:
I think we cannot check status online.

Oh, I didn't know that, I thought we could... I didn't realize it was only by e-mail then, because I actually don't know how to find my file number and UCI... :/

takuliu

Nov 16, 2012
paulapvd said:
Oh, I didn't know that, I thought we could... I didn't realize it was only by e-mail then, because I actually don't know how to find my file number and UCI... :/
You can find your UCI from your study permit if u have one. UCI is the client id I think.

soom2

Nov 11, 2012
takuliu said:
hi guys, Did anybody who applied around Oct 31th. receive the visa? :)
Not me. They received my passport on Oct. 30th. I emailed them on Nov.19, and they replied on the same day that my application was in queue to be reviewed by an officer. (Not sure what that means, other than that my visa wasn't stamped yet). Let me know if you get yours back! I have to leave by December 18 to make it to my own wedding. Wish me luck guys!

och

Oct 27, 2012
soom2 said:
Not me. They received my passport on Oct. 30th. I emailed them on Nov.19, and they replied on the same day that my application was in queue to be reviewed by an officer. (Not sure what that means, other than that my visa wasn't stamped yet). Let me know if you get yours back! I have to leave by December 18 to make it to my own wedding. Wish me luck guys!

Wow that strange. They got mine on the 30th of Oct as well and it was issued 16th November. Got my Passport yesterday. You'll be fine though 18th is far away

soom2

Nov 11, 2012
och said:

Wow that strange. They got mine on the 30th of Oct as well and it was issued 16th November. Got my Passport yesterday. You'll be fine though 18th is far away
Really? Hm... I don't know if certain countries take a little longer than others. I hope that means mine will be done soon. I hope you're right! :)

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

CIC has started posted the processing time for TRVs for valid student & work permit holders and the current processing time is 14 days (wonder how far that is correct going by the posts in this forum :-X).

The link is:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

och

Oct 27, 2012
astasi said:
Hi,

CIC has started posted the processing time for TRVs for valid student & work permit holders and the current processing time is 14 days (wonder how far that is correct going by the posts in this forum :-X).

The link is:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
I think they re right if the mean from the time it is received at their office and when they stamp it.