+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time : OINP Express Entry Vs. Regular Express Entry

KapilM

Dec 8, 2021
Hello Experts, could you please advise the processing time for Ontario PNP through Express Entry and regular Express Entry? I have received OINP nomination through Express entry but I am also likely to get invite in next draw or so. Therefore, would like to understand shorter processing time. Kindly advise.

Reactions: sadpotatoe

KapilM

Dec 8, 2021
I went ahead with ONIP application as employer recommended (and reimbursed) it. However, right after filing for it, (within a week), got the invite under express entry. So instead of waiting again for ONIP invite, proceeded with express entry and got the PR in around 4 months. So, unable to make any definitve suggestion here.. sorry... but good luck with your application.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
As an OINP applicant myself, I waited 3-4 months without a CEC/FSW ITA. For most draws during that period, I was stuck 2 points below the ITA levels and I was approaching an age reduction of further 10 points in July so I choose to go with OINP. I would advise otherwise as I'm bitter now, both on
- Ontario evaluation timeline taken is about 100-140 days nowadays, or even worse I hear.
- After the province (OINP) nominates you, you apply to IRCC after ITA. The PNP application processing timeline that IRCC takes is 9 months now when most CEC/FSW can demand 5 months. Most FSWs are getting processed even faster these days.
Hence my suggestion is If you can wait it out avoid it if you are only 4-5 points away from regular CEC/FSW ITA.
But to avoid regrets later, you can collect all the documents since you need them for your ITA also anyway, upload them into the OINP portal, etc.. and however delay paying your fees until the 43 or 44th day of NOI. Hopefully, you get an FSW/CEC ITA by then.
Badluck these 45 days, say you didn't get ITA and hence apply OINP if you get an ITA in the next 30-4O days of the OINP application, and assuming OINP has still not processed your documents you can ask them for a refund. OINP doesn't touch applications for at least a month these days. Think and decide for yourself good luck

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
As an OINP applicant myself, I waited 3-4 months without a CEC/FSW ITA. For most draws during that period, I was stuck 2 points below the ITA levels and I was approaching an age reduction of further 10 points in July so I choose to go with OINP. I would advise otherwise as I'm bitter now, both on
- Ontario evaluation timeline taken is about 100-140 days nowadays, or even worse I hear.
- After the province (OINP) nominates you, you apply to IRCC after ITA. The PNP application processing timeline that IRCC takes is 9 months now when most CEC/FSW can demand 5 months. Most FSWs are getting processed even faster these days.
Hence my suggestion is If you can wait it out avoid it if you are only 4-5 points away from regular CEC/FSW ITA.
But to avoid regrets later, you can collect all the documents since you need them for your ITA also anyway, upload them into the OINP portal, etc.. and however delay paying your fees until the 43 or 44th day of NOI. Hopefully, you get an FSW/CEC ITA by then.
Badluck these 45 days, say you didn't get ITA and hence apply OINP if you get an ITA in the next 30-4O days of the OINP application, and assuming OINP has still not processed your documents you can ask them for a refund. OINP doesn't touch applications for at least a month these days. Think and decide for yourself good luck
For EE HCP stream, does it follow normal CEC timeline or not ?

My PGWP is expiring in Jan 2025. If its going to take at least a year to PR status, timeline might be a bit tight.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
For EE HCP stream, does it follow normal CEC timeline or not ?

My PGWP is expiring in Jan 2025. If its going to take at least a year to PR status, timeline might be a bit tight.
No PNP EE is 9 months not CEC timelines as per the website and phone agents.
on the second point, yes Jan 2025 is not that far off. If you get CEC/FSW ITA next 3-4 months well and good otherwise you will risk it. but I believe even with CEC/FSW you can apply for BOWP or with PNP the SOWP so you are safe either way don't worry too much.