+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

adek16

Oct 10, 2011
Hi James,i am a Nigerian and i live in Nigeria...I will like to get for my self a Canada working Visa permit and i will like to know how long it will take me...What are the Things i need to get the Visa?
Thank You

Taofiki

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Re: application processing take so long

michelle1234 said:
Hi Guys,
I just wanna share my situation. I submitted my application as a caregiver last september 1, 2010 at the Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi. My application been 12 months but until now I did not hear any news from the embassy. Just anyone have any ideas what should I do?
actually we have the same case but mine, I submitted my application as caregiver in Riyadh embassy last june 2011 and no feedback until now.i read here in the forum that one way to know if they already opened your application kit is to check the bank if the processing fee has been debited in your account. i already did that and found out that the transaction was done last sept 2,2011. so it means to say that they just opened by application kit 3 months after they received the kit in Riyadh embassy. right now, i'm still waiting for my AOR or medical referral. maybe better for you to do the same thing.Goodluck and Godbless us on our application.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
adek16 said:
Hi James,i am a Nigerian and i live in Nigeria...I will like to get for my self a Canada working Visa permit and i will like to know how long it will take me...What are the Things i need to get the Visa?
Thank You

Taofiki
@ adek you first have to find an employer who is willing to apply an LMO for you. Then check the local CIC website in Nigeria so that you will know the first steps that you'll do in applying for a work permit and a Visa.. this is the website of the High Commission of Canada in Nigeria http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/index.aspx?view=d

For job vacancies you may also check this website for current job vacancies:
www.jobbank.gc.ca/
www.wowjobs.ca

Good Luck

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
James6 said:
Hi Nikki, I'm still waiting, hopefully we'll have the results next week. What province is you destination and what Job?
@james fca at tim hortons bc. My friend is also waiting for his. He submitted his application a week after mine.

karen2010

Oct 8, 2011
@james
kakaapply lang husband ko thru agency nung june tpos submit all reqts nung sept incl visa applctn..after nun ala pa kmi blita kung na pass na sa cem kc ala pa kmi mga notice ng tulad sau kya ngbasa basa ako ng mga timeline..

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
@nikki- hopefully we receive what we're waiting for this week. After this week I have to make a follow up at CEM..

@karen- direct kasi ako. Didn't go under agency.. Anong work ng hobby mo and what province sya? Dapat may AOR na yan, Actually nga dapat nakapag,edical na sya, Anong agency nya?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
James6 said:
@ nikki- hopefully we receive what we're waiting for this week. After this week I have to make a follow up at CEM..

@ karen- direct kasi ako. Didn't go under agency.. Anong work ng hobby mo and what province sya? Dapat may AOR na yan, Anong agency nya?

shazam79

Oct 7, 2011
JOB ENDS BEFORE WORK PERMIT EXPIRES

Hi JAMES6 (or anyone else qualified to answer):

My work permit is valid until early 2013, however, since this last July I have found out that my current employment will cease by April 2012.

I have just applied for the Quebec selection Certificate (to reside and work there permanently) and then plan to apply for federal PR after.

my question: (1) What happens to my work permit from April 2012? does it automatically become invalid?
(2) If I don't find another job (via a new WP) by then, can I still remain here in Canada after April?
(3) Should I apply for some special status??

I HAVE NO IDEA!

;D

Many thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: JOB ENDS BEFORE WORK PERMIT EXPIRES

1. You can stay up to the end of your WP
2. If you find a new employer, apply for a new WP and/or whatever is the requirement for temporary foreign workers in Quebec (am not very familiar with Quebec applications).
3. I don't think you need special status if you have a valid WP but you can't work for somebody else other than the employer stated on your WP.

shazam79 said:
Hi JAMES6 (or anyone else qualified to answer):

My work permit is valid until early 2013, however, since this last July I have found out that my current employment will cease by April 2012.

I have just applied for the Quebec selection Certificate (to reside and work there permanently) and then plan to apply for federal PR after.

my question: (1) What happens to my work permit from April 2012? does it automatically become invalid?
(2) If I don't find another job (via a new WP) by then, can I still remain here in Canada after April?
(3) Should I apply for some special status??

I HAVE NO IDEA!

;D

Many thanks

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering, how long does it usually take to get the medical instruction after receiving the AOR?

I just got mine last friday, oct. 7, 2011. Do you think it will take a month for the med instruction?

THanks!

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
rhyanom28 said:
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering, how long does it usually take to get the medical instruction after receiving the AOR?

I just got mine last friday, oct. 7, 2011. Do you think it will take a month for the med instruction?

THanks!
Only the Canadian embassy knows.. I receive my AOR after a month of submitting my application. I receive my MR after 2 weeks.. What country are you applying from?

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
@james
THanks for the reply! :D

Btw, I'm applying from the Philippines (specifically in Cebu). I received my AOR exactly 3 weeks after I've sent my application.

So hopefully, I'd be expecting the Medical instruction by next month.

btw, have you got your result for your application already?