NO Interview
Passport Req..
09 -Nov -2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 -Nov -2016
LANDED..........
02 -Dec -2016
vijay1987 said:
what dows t4 statement means and notice of assessment?
tax related documents .

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
T4 is an information slip prepared and issued by an employer to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) how much employment income you were paid during a tax year and the amount of income tax that was deducted. This is the slip you use when you file your income tax.

A Notice of Assessment is a statement from the Canada Revenue Agency notifying the taxpayer(you) of the amount of tax you owe, if any, the amount of tax already paid, if any, tax credits received and contributions to a Registered Retirement Savings Plan(this is the money you save for retirement). Notice of Assessment can be obtained directly from CRA.
oh okay thanks for the brief explanation

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hi I applied in nov 2015 too with one of my friend but I got requested for ducuments in feb and she got hers requested last Thursday... but I am worried cuz didnt hear anything yet
Rainbow, it seems like they are requesting for additional documents to all the applicants just to drag time. Else, whey would they ask for documents that were already submitted to them.. it doesn't make sense to me but seem like they just want to extend their processing time.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
Rainbow, it seems like they are requesting for additional documents to all the applicants just to drag time. Else, whey would they ask for documents that were already submitted to them.. it doesn't make sense to me but seem like they just want to extend their processing time.
Even I was wondering why are they asking for the same docs again! But when it comes to newly updated schedule A, they're are expecting to see the activity from the day we applied till now eg: I applied in December 2015 and under "activity" I have included the activities from 18 years of age to until December 2015, in the newly updated schedule I have to mention from 18 years of age to this date ( the date I'm submitting the new form) so which means they want the activities from the date we applied until now.. But no idea about why they asking other docs, e.g. employer letter, tax documents!!

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
Btw, what's going on with your process dear? Did you go for a MP enquiry? Prayers for everyone! Stay strong! Hugs!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Even I was wondering why are they asking for the same docs again! But when it comes to newly updated schedule A, they're are expecting to see the activity from the day we applied till now eg: I applied in December 2015 and under "activity" I have included the activities from 18 years of age to until December 2015, in the newly updated schedule I have to mention from 18 years of age to this date ( the date I'm submitting the new form) so which means they want the activities from the date we applied until now.. But no idea about why they asking other docs, e.g. employer letter, tax documents!!
But Faa it seems to me that they are not asking everyone who applied around the same time for the updated background form, only a few from here have to submit it. It seems they are choosing people randomly and asking for additional documents.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Btw, what's going on with your process dear? Did you go for a MP enquiry? Prayers for everyone! Stay strong! Hugs!
I have not contacted our local MP yet. I am not sure if I should or not. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually contact their local MP and contacting to them is actually useful or not. I am the sponsor, should I just email them after the 13 months and ask for an update? Would they not tell me the same thing they would tell the MP? I am confused.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
But Faa it seems to me that they are not asking everyone who applied around the same time for the updated background form, only a few from here have to submit it. It seems they are choosing people randomly and asking for additional documents.
Yeah may be :(
Rainbow21 said:
Hi I applied in nov 2015 too with one of my friend but I got requested for ducuments in feb and she got hers requested last Thursday... but I am worried cuz didnt hear anything yet

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
I have not contacted our local MP yet. I am not sure if I should or not. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually contact their local MP and contacting to them is actually useful or not. I am the sponsor, should I just email them after the 13 months and ask for an update? Would they not tell me the same thing they would tell the MP? I am confused.
My advise for you would be to call the local mp as it has been 1e months and they have to guve an answer cuz mp is someone who is in authority and so they would have to give a proper answer as to what is going on. Someone I know told me after going to mp they actually updated her process every 2 weeks but they were not doing that before so that does tell you they take it serious if someone in power talks about it. Aslo I heard that mp from srilanka can also get involve if it has passed the max. Time for processing

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
My advise for you would be to call the local mp as it has been 1e months and they have to guve an answer cuz mp is someone who is in authority and so they would have to give a proper answer as to what is going on. Someone I know told me after going to mp they actually updated her process every 2 weeks but they were not doing that before so that does tell you they take it serious if someone in power talks about it. Aslo I heard that mp from srilanka can also get involve if it has passed the max. Time for processing
Thank you Rainbow. I will contact our MP in two weeks right after the 13 months timeline pass.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Should I send an email to the Colombo visa office asking for the status before reaching out to the MP?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Should I send an email to the Colombo visa office asking for the status before reaching out to the MP?
Yeah you can do that just to see what they have to say..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vathan said:
After cic received the application how long will it take for the processing to begin.
From the time CIC receive your documents, it will take 14 months in total for them to process your file if there isn't any red flags. From what we have seen here, a lot of the females get the visa way faster than men.