+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time for Online Application - Expert advice needed

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for visa online on Dec 2 under University category for M.Sc-Mechanical Engg.
Its almost 20 days now and there is no update regarding the passport request.
Any idea how long it will take to get passport request and how many days it takes to get the stamped passport?

My classes start by Jan-4 and I'm so much worried.

hrptt

Dec 22, 2016
I have applied on December 1 and still not got any update.Kindly let me know what would be the possible reasons behind delay in file processing

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Your not alone my friend. from what i gather by reading older posts is that delay is a good sign. and as per your worry that your classes start from the 4th, they would allow you until 2weeks after the prog has started. expediting the process isnt in anyone's hand. even i havnt gotten the passport request and mine also starts from the 9th.. i gotta say even i am loosing my sleep over it but we cant do nothing but wait.

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
hello guys,

Today i got a mail from my consultant that the application status is "Medical Passed".
Does it really take 3 weeks to update the medical status? or my consultant is jus giving the same old status.

Coz, if my medical status tool 3 weeks, how long its gonna take to get the passport request.

Please suggest me. I'm loosing hope :(

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
i am on the same boat as you my friend. my class begins from 9th. i am also waiting for passport request. when did you give your medical? losing hope isnt the answer. if the docs are proper they will grant the visa, we'll just miss a few classes

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
I did medicals(upfront) on Nov 1st week itself. And I was very sure that the hospital would have uploaded the related reports before I had applied for visa on 2 Dec.
Thats why I'm so much worried.

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
wow i got my medical request last week, and the status changed to passed in 3 days. i expected them to ask for my passport by now.. i really dont know even i am loosing it