+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process to add IELTS score to sent application... Plz Help

neo_on

Nov 14, 2010
I have sent my application for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) under CEC class which reached buffalo office in Sep 2010. The application did not include my IELTS score. I appeared for my IELTS later and have received the score in Oct 2010.
I have still not received any confirmation from Buffalo office yet (since 2 months). I have following doubts

1) Can I mail my IELTS score to CIC Buffalo office? If yes what is the process.
2) Please advice if the following URL is the correct way to notify CIC about my IELTS score

canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/case_enquiries-renseignements_cas.aspx?lang=eng

I am worried that CIC may send back my application because it does not contain the IELTS score. Please guide me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Given that you applied after the rule change in June (requiring all applicants to submit IELTS results), it is likely that your application package will be returned as incomplete (within the next month or two). There is no way to add documents without the file number, and they won't give you a file number until they verify your file is complete, so...

You can resubmit with the IELTS results. Unfortunately, you might have to get new PCCs.

You will have to wait and see about the response you get - let us know what happens -

rand00m

Dec 6, 2010
I am sailing in the same boat.
Application mailed Out: 27-Oct, 2010
Confirm Delivery to NY: 29-Oct 2010

I later realized that we have to give the IELTS exam. I took the test on Dec 4, 2010 and received my results but do not know if I should wait for my application to be returned or send in another.
I sent a fax and email stating that I will be sending in my IELTS result by mail ( also faxed a copy of my result) with reference to my Client ID number which I have on my work permit. I have still not mailed my original IELTS result. I will wait for an email reply to see what they say and send one by mail anyways.

It is taking awfully long for them to reply to ask for an IELTS score or even return the application package that I sent.

I got another Police Clearance anyways and will also be sending in another application just in case the first one is returned. Not sure about any other way to go about it. If the first application goes through and they just ask for an IELTS test score then good enough. If not I will have another application in line.