+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process PR confirmation Portal while travelling to India

sowjanya02

Jan 26, 2024
Hi, while I was travelling to India, I received approval for my Permanent Residency (PR) and need to provide details to confirm that I am currently in Canada, including the date and port of entry. I applied through an immigration consultant, and they initially requested the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document in India through VFS. Unfortunately, after a few days, they again requested the same details related to my confirmation of being in Canada, the date of entry, and the port of entry without checking the previous request sent by the consultant.

I am planning to travel back to Canada, and once I return, can I send the required details or there will be any time limit in sending the details? Will this impact the processing time for my PR card and COPR? Your guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, while I was travelling to India, I received approval for my Permanent Residency (PR) and need to provide details to confirm that I am currently in Canada, including the date and port of entry. I applied through an immigration consultant, and they initially requested the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document in India through VFS. Unfortunately, after a few days, they again requested the same details related to my confirmation of being in Canada, the date of entry, and the port of entry without checking the previous request sent by the consultant.

I am planning to travel back to Canada, and once I return, can I send the required details or there will be any time limit in sending the details? Will this impact the processing time for my PR card and COPR? Your guidance on this matter would be appreciated.
The email you received likely included some dates/deadlines. There may be some flexibility in this, but you should read the letter carefully first, including what to do if you are not in Canada.

When do you plan to travel back to Canada? If more than a few weeks, you may indeed be better to submit through VFS.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay