+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness

skara

Jun 25, 2022
My husband and I received a procedural fairness notice yesterday, after our biometrics, but they have only requested for schedule A and proof of funds. We are unsure of where we might have been at fault. Is this how it is supposed to be?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband and I received a procedural fairness notice yesterday, after our biometrics, but they have only requested for schedule A and proof of funds. We are unsure of where we might have been at fault. Is this how it is supposed to be?
Are you sure it's a PFD and not an ADR? Post the full letter here.

skara

Jun 25, 2022
Are you sure it's a PFD and not an ADR? Post the full letter here.
Thank you for your interest in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence and in order to make a decision, we require updated information/documents:
 Schedule A: Separate, newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669) forms
 To be completed by
 Must bear an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities
 Ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of 'Yes'
Additionally, to determine whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class, they must meet the settlement funds requirement “in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations” pursuant to sub-paragraph 76(1)(b)(i) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Please provide the following updated documents:
 Official letters issued in the last month from any banks or financial institutions, which must:
 be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
 include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
 include your name and the current date
 list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
 include, for each current bank and investment account,
o the account numbers, and the date each account was opened
o current balance of each account, and the average balance for the past 6 months
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within the aforementioned deadline, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file. Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators.
***IMPORTANT***: You must inform this office immediately if any of the following changes apply to your situation by using the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp:
• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
• Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
• Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
• You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a
criminal offence in any country.
Sincerely,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your interest in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence and in order to make a decision, we require updated information/documents:
 Schedule A: Separate, newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669) forms
 To be completed by
 Must bear an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities
 Ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of 'Yes'
Additionally, to determine whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class, they must meet the settlement funds requirement “in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations” pursuant to sub-paragraph 76(1)(b)(i) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Please provide the following updated documents:
 Official letters issued in the last month from any banks or financial institutions, which must:
 include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
o current balance of each account, and the average balance for the past 6 months
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within the aforementioned deadline, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file. Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators.
***IMPORTANT***: You must inform this office immediately if any of the following changes apply to your situation by using the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp:
• Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
• Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
• You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a
Sincerely,
This doesn't seem to be a PFL. It is a ADR.

A PFL will clearly indicate that it is one.

If you are not sure what to do, you will be better off scheduling a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
 To be completed by
Sincerely,
Hey, I too had received a PFL last week, but in it the officer had stated his concerns. We consulted a lawyer and responded to them on thursday. On the same day I got another letter, also called as PFL in the subject line on the profile. Its contents were only asking for the updated Schedule A for me and my spouse just like the one you got. It also mentioned that they were adding my spouse's medical results to my profile as well. We are planning to send them the updated forms. It looks like an ADR but its confusing because the subject was PFL.

Is this the first document they are asking you in a while?

jaikeerthy

Jan 6, 2020
Its nothing to worry about , I received the same but instead of POF, they asked me Schedule A IMM5669e and evidence of spousal relationship. Even though it is mentioned as Procedural fairness outside, unless it is mentioned as 'serious concerns' or as procedural fairness there is nothing to worry about. I contacted a lawyer when i got one and they said, its perfectly fine. I myself can prepare without a lawyer and senn them.

Zee95

Mar 5, 2023
Its nothing to worry about , I received the same but instead of POF, they asked me Schedule A IMM5669e and evidence of spousal relationship. Even though it is mentioned as Procedural fairness outside, unless it is mentioned as 'serious concerns' or as procedural fairness there is nothing to worry about. I contacted a lawyer when i got one and they said, its perfectly fine. I myself can prepare without a lawyer and senn them.
May I ask what you provided for the evidence of spousal relationship

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Hi friends ,

My spouse got a letter like this - how do i know if it is ADR or PFL ?

**THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED**

Date: August 14, 2023
UCI: #########
Application: ########
*F########

Toronto, ON M6J 0C7
Canada

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive
permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not
inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a
visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You
must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the
processing of your application.
UCI_ NAME :
> Medical: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your
application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have
been sent to you separately.
Note: For applications that have a non-accompanying dependant on file, the dependant is still required to undergo
a medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13
> Fingerprints: You are required to submit Biometrics in support of this application. Please follow the
Biometrics instruction letter previously sent to you.
This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13

Case Processing Centre - Mississauga # 300 – 2 Robert Speck Parkway
> Medical: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your
application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have
been sent to you separately.
Note: For applications that have a non-accompanying dependant on file, the dependant is still required to undergo
a medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13
As a reminder, you are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for
permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This
examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulation section 70(1)(e).
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an
explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.
If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the
information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.