+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
CIC apparently just open my application that I have submitted since 9th Oct. They need some additional documents due to my medical conditions and need to respond to Procedural Fairness letter.

I have the original documents from the panel physicians, but should I send the original or just the copies? Since CIC did not mentioned anything on the Procedural Fairness letter.

Help please.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

betteka said:
CIC apparently just open my application that I have submitted since 9th Oct. They need some additional documents due to my medical conditions and need to respond to Procedural Fairness letter.

I have the original documents from the panel physicians, but should I send the original or just the copies? Since CIC did not mentioned anything on the Procedural Fairness letter.

Help please.
1. I have to assume that you have a condition or disease that may cause "excessive demand" on Canadian medical resources. That is the reason for the fairness letter. Just sending the results from the panel physician won't help your cause as IRCC medical doctors already have those results. What you have to prove is that the treatment in Canada, if you are admitted, will not cost the Canadian taxpayers. So you have to demonstrate that your condition will not cause excessive demand. You would need statements from your personal physician on how your condition is controlled and the prognosis to overcome a possible refusal.

buvic

Jun 15, 2017
Med's Request
16/01/2017
Hello everyone. I just received PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER FROM IRCC REGARDING MY SON`S HEALTH CONDITION (diagnosed to have Sickle Cell Disease) which may lead to medical inadmissibility (due to excess demand on Canadian health sector) They are giving me the opportunity to respond. My son is just more than 2 years old and his condition was disclosed to the immigration doctors during our medical and we added his medical result. PLEASE, CAN YOU GUYS KINDLY ADVISE ME ON STEPS TO TAKE. WHAT SHOULD BE THE CONTENT OF THE RESPONSE? WILL I BE ABLE TO SURMOUNT THIS HURDLE? I will appreciate your response. You can also send any personal recommendation to me at buwahsepm@gmail.com

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I just received PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER FROM IRCC REGARDING MY SON`S HEALTH CONDITION (diagnosed to have Sickle Cell Disease) which may lead to medical inadmissibility (due to excess demand on Canadian health sector) They are giving me the opportunity to respond. My son is just more than 2 years old and his condition was disclosed to the immigration doctors during our medical and we added his medical result. PLEASE, CAN YOU GUYS KINDLY ADVISE ME ON STEPS TO TAKE. WHAT SHOULD BE THE CONTENT OF THE RESPONSE? WILL I BE ABLE TO SURMOUNT THIS HURDLE? I will appreciate your response. You can also send any personal recommendation to me at buwahsepm@gmail.com
You need to prove that the costs of his health care in Canada will not exceed $6,500 per year. To do this, you should provide letters from doctors confirming what sort of care he is expended to need over the next five years - and also research what this care will cost in Canada. Fairness letters are difficult to overcome. You would be best off hiring a good immigration lawyer to assist you.

Reactions: buvic

buvic

Jun 15, 2017
Med's Request
16/01/2017
You need to prove that the costs of his health care in Canada will not exceed $6,500 per year. To do this, you should provide letters from doctors confirming what sort of care he is expended to need over the next five years - and also research what this care will cost in Canada. Fairness letters are difficult to overcome. You would be best off hiring a good immigration lawyer to assist you.
Thank you for the reply. Please, can you recommend any good immigration lawyer? Also, in this case, what are the chances that we will scale through this successfully

Geniusmistery

Jan 4, 2022
How long does it take to get a response from IRCC after replying to a PFL? Why does it take so long for them to process the file?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long does it take to get a response from IRCC after replying to a PFL? Why does it take so long for them to process the file?
As long as they want to take since a PFL is very serious as you are most likely dealing with a 5 year ban. There are no set timelines. The response to the PFL may only address the reasons you misrepresented yourself and not the actual permit(s) you applied for. So your ban may be overturned, and your permits refused or be further reviewed. Or you get your permits approved.

Eslam8700

Jul 17, 2021
Procedural Fairness
I encountered a problem with IRCC after more than two years had passed to review the immigration file in the Cairo office, Egypt. They sent a letter saying you are not sure about the results of the IELTS certificate. And he wants proof after the certificate expires on 7/24/2022. I addressed the center repeatedly, and an e-mail received that the certificate has expired for more than two years, and we do not have any information for it, and it has expired, and I do not know what to do with the waiting letter after 30 days? The speech was
dated 2/16/2023
(I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meet the requirements of this Act.
I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specially, I have concerns regarding the authenticity of your IELTS test results you have submitted under TRF #20EGO03S001G. Upon verification, it appears that this is not a genuine IELTS test result and is fraudulent.
As you submitted English as your first official language, and this gave you enough points to meet the minimum threshold for the Comprehensive Ranking System (on which you scored 471 against the minimum of 468), this is material to my decision regarding your eligibility as a federal skilled worker and could constitute misrepresentation under section A40 of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard)