+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness letter.

user1215

Mar 23, 2024
applied in december for september intake, then IRCC verified my admission and university shifted me into may intake on 8th may. I got a procedural fairness letter saying my september intake LOA was fraud lol. Then we asked university to give a letter for may intake, we sent that too IRCC. now its been a month since this happened and i have no clue on what to do.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you respond to PFL as per the instructions? This is serious because you could be banned for 5 years. Did you use an agent? What school? CBU? UCW? There are no timelines for PFL. Can be weeks or months.

Last edited:

user1215

Mar 23, 2024
Did you respond to PFL as per the instructions? This is serious because you could be banned for 5 years. Did you use an agent? What school? CBU? UCW? There are no timelines for PFL. Can be weeks or months.
It said that my letter was fraud because my university told them i was a may intake student. They thought if I am a student enrolled for may then why have applied for september. Then we contacted my university, they drafted a may intake LOA, we sent that to IRCC, as main concern was to prove that my letter was genuine not fake. My agent did everything. He talked to the representative of the university. Now my concern is that may has passed, will they give me the visa now because IRCC never ever gives a decision thats wrong. if my letter is geniuine then i will get my visa. but as my file is being processed in may intake slot will they give me the visa. agent said that if they give the approval, i can shift to september.

user1215

Mar 23, 2024
just want to point out that PFL is serious and nothing to "lol" about.
u dont really need to bother LOL. In india every december applied file is getting a PFL, asking for lease agreements, gic receipts and all random stuff also i have been waiting since 7 months so idgaf about PFL. it is something to lol about FR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It said that my letter was fraud because my university told them i was a may intake student. They thought if I am a student enrolled for may then why have applied for september. Then we contacted my university, they drafted a may intake LOA, we sent that to IRCC, as main concern was to prove that my letter was genuine not fake. My agent did everything. He talked to the representative of the university. Now my concern is that may has passed, will they give me the visa now because IRCC never ever gives a decision thats wrong. if my letter is geniuine then i will get my visa. but as my file is being processed in may intake slot will they give me the visa. agent said that if they give the approval, i can shift to september.
Your permit processing is not an issue right now. You received a PFL for a fraudulent document. What school and have you been in contact with them directly, not your agent? There have been “scam” agents issuing fraudulent letters for Canadian schools. If genuine, then IRCC will ask for September LOA.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Your permit processing is not an issue right now. You received a PFL for a fraudulent document. What school and have you been in contact with them directly, not your agent? There have been “scam” agents issuing fraudulent letters for Canadian schools. If genuine, then IRCC will ask for September LOA.
What's also interesting is OP mentioned "then IRCC verified my admission and university shifted me into may intake on 8th may". Why would university change start date unless asked by applicant? Agent definitely seems fishy and OP seems to have formed an opinion that PFL is a standard practice but a lot of times applicants are complicit too so who knows what the real story is.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What's also interesting is OP mentioned "then IRCC verified my admission and university shifted me into may intake on 8th may". Why would university change start date unless asked by applicant? Agent definitely seems fishy and OP seems to have formed an opinion that PFL is a standard practice but a lot of times applicants are complicit too so who knows what the real story is.
Agreed. I would be worried about the agent. I would be contacting the school myself asap.

Chris_jelal

Jul 18, 2024
On April 30, 2024 I submitted my study permit application to IRCC and on June 7 I received the PFL they gave me 10 days to provide additional documents, they think my bank document is fraudulent. I responded on June 14, 2024 with supporting proof. How long will IRCC take to respond to me? It's been 5 weeks today, knowing that my school starts on August 26, 2024!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
On April 30, 2024 I submitted my study permit application to IRCC and on June 7 I received the PFL they gave me 10 days to provide additional documents, they think my bank document is fraudulent. I responded on June 14, 2024 with supporting proof. How long will IRCC take to respond to me? It's been 5 weeks today, knowing that my school starts on August 26, 2024!
There are not timelines for PFL. It can take many months. It is very serious and if IRCC suspects fraudulent documents then it will take months to verify. Assume a lawyer was involved in replying. What documents did you provide?

Reactions: YVR123

Chris_jelal

Jul 18, 2024
There are not timelines for PFL. It can take many months. It is very serious and if IRCC suspects fraudulent documents then it will take months to verify. Assume a lawyer was involved in replying. What documents did you provide?
-A letter acknowledging errors from the bank
- a new bank statement that they provided to me
-a letter of explanation where I explain that it was not my intention to deceive them and I list the documents that I added to justify.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
-A letter acknowledging errors from the bank
- a new bank statement that they provided to me
-a letter of explanation where I explain that it was not my intention to deceive them and I list the documents that I added to justify.
So you did submit fake documents if you said intention was not to deceive them? IRCC is looking for verification that they made the correct decision by issuing PFL and possible 5 year ban. Your concern right now is not about getting a study permit but not getting banned. Assume this is an African bank. Would not expect decision prior to September but you never know.

Chris_jelal

Jul 18, 2024
So i have no chance to have my study permit before the beginning of my school (26 August) ? Right ?
all i can expect is that i’m not ban for 5 years, but it almost certain that my application will be rejected ? Right ?

i hope everything things goes well, i have faith .

thank

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So i have no chance to have my study permit before the beginning of my school (26 August) ? Right ?
all i can expect is that i’m not ban for 5 years, but it almost certain that my application will be rejected ? Right ?
I don’t know your chances but timelines are tight. PFLs usually take many months. You say you didn’t mean to deceive IRCC which means you submitted fake documents? If so you admitted guilt. Is this an African bank?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Was the original document submitted fake or incorrect? How can you submit an incorrect statement from your bank and not knowing that's wrong/fake?

If IRCC was correct about the misrepresentation, your chance of approval is low.
IRCC treat fake information/missing information very seriously. And if ONE piece of information you submitted was not exactly correct, they will question everything you said. (You lost your creditability)