+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

cang

Aug 10, 2023
Hello,
I could not find almost nothing about this issue and i decided to write down here about my process, maybe it can be useful to others.
I got my PFL on 16th of June, i am working with a consultant, and he forgot to mention about my USA tourist visa refusal.
We replied on 20th of June. It has been more than 3 months and still no update.
Is there someone who is in the same process with me? I just want to know about what people are doing who get this letter..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I could not find almost nothing about this issue and i decided to write down here about my process, maybe it can be useful to others.
I got my PFL on 16th of June, i am working with a consultant, and he forgot to mention about my USA tourist visa refusal.
We replied on 20th of June. It has been more than 3 months and still no update.
Is there someone who is in the same process with me? I just want to know about what people are doing who get this letter..
If you search this forum, there are many threads on PFLs for not mentioning visa refusals. You have done all you can by apologizing and taking responsibility. There are no timelines for getting a response from IRCC as it can take many months or even a year or more. All you can do is wait for a final decision.

cang

Aug 10, 2023
i applied for student visa, and the courses are gonna start on January. do you think they will consider the starting time of college?

Last edited:

Builted

Sep 12, 2023
im on the same boat, exact same situation a month almost no reply, we need to create a timeline processing time for pfls

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
im on the same boat, exact same situation a month almost no reply, we need to create a timeline processing time for pfls
There is nothing to do but wait as there are no timelines for PFLs. It can be many months or depending on the reason, over a year.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
an agent did the same to me in June. He didn't mention my past visa refusals and also wrongly entered my employment history. Luckily I found this out and raised a webform to explain and requested withdrawal. After 2 weeks it was withdrawn. I must say I was very lucky.

Builted

Sep 12, 2023
an agent did the same to me in June. He didn't mention my past visa refusals and also wrongly entered my employment history. Luckily I found this out and raised a webform to explain and requested withdrawal. After 2 weeks it was withdrawn. I must say I was very lucky.
i assigned a lawyer and she explained the situation and we replied accordingly

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
do you have any idea why they take so much time? what is the procedure?
You submitted a response and an officer will determine whether to enforce the 5 year ban or not based on your response (take responsibility, apologize). You may not get a ban but you permit may not be approved. At this point, it isn’t about permit approval but not getting a 5 year ban.

Reactions: mrtravelok

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you didn’t get a PFL.

Builted

Sep 12, 2023
You submitted a response and an officer will determine whether to enforce the 5 year ban or not based on your response (take responsibility, apologize). You may not get a ban but you permit may not be approved. At this point, it isn’t about permit approval but not getting a 5 year ban.
thats what i care about the most and i dont want to miss the chance to refund my college fees hence thats why i want their reply in order to submit it to the college... i submitted my usa refusal letter and my other accepted visas which my old representative failed to mention in the application as well... i assigned a lawyer and she replied about my situation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thats what i care about the most and i dont want to miss the chance to refund my college fees hence thats why i want their reply in order to submit it to the college... i submitted my usa refusal letter and my other accepted visas which my old representative failed to mention in the application as well... i assigned a lawyer and she replied about my situation
As long as you didn’t blame the agent and take responsibility since you sign off on the application, you may not get the ban.

Builted

Sep 12, 2023
As long as you didn’t blame the agent and take responsibility since you sign off on the application, you may not get the ban.
i didnt sign off the application, she did it without my consent, she wrote my name on ircc portal and not gc key and she forwarded to me the biometrics date and told me i submitted your application while i had no clue

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i didnt sign off the application, she did it without my consent, she wrote my name on ircc portal and not gc key and she forwarded to me the biometrics date and told me i submitted your application while i had no clue
So you didn’t even hire her to do your application? Didn’t pay her? You didn’t ask her to do it on your behalf? How did she get all your personal information then? You got the biometrics date and never questioned the agent about how you got a date but hadn’t hired the agent? Hopefully your response doesn’t blame the agent because IRCC clearly states it is your responsibility.