+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

akinlab2009

Aug 30, 2019
You need to be working with a very good immigration lawyer. This is no longer a do-it-yourself case.
Happy New Year and i am wishing you a prosperous one. Please, i need your experience on this

Since i got the PFL in July last year and my Lawyer's response in August, I have not heard anything from IRCC, please from your experience, is this a sign of good news? i wrote severally and till now, i haven't heard anything from IRCC and few days to 6 months post PFL letter now. Please what do you suggest i do? In my lawyer's response, he attached my correspondence with US embassy in 2018, telling them i have not left the shore of Nigeria, hence i can't be claiming an address in USA and also there was no need for the ETA from my side. Also, he told them to ascertain the payment method of the perpetrator that if someone could use fake USCIS to apply, definitely, he would steal identity so as not to be traced and also the card payment. So he emphasized that in the course of our PR application, we have been using our personal card for transactions.

But my question is, from your experience, Do you think that this delayed response is a sign of good news? and what could i do to hasten the process?

Thank you so much.

akinlab2009

Aug 30, 2019
All the best. Assume your lawyer is Canadian immigration lawyer. Let us know how it goes.
Happy New Year and i am wishing you a prosperous one. Please, i need your experience on this

Since i got the PFL in July last year and my Canadian immigration Lawyer's response in August, I have not heard anything from IRCC, please from your experience, is this a sign of good news? i wrote severally and till now, i haven't heard anything from IRCC and few days to 6 months post PFL letter now. Please what do you suggest i do? In my lawyer's response, he attached my correspondence with US embassy in 2018, telling them i have not left the shore of Nigeria, hence i can't be claiming an address in USA and also there was no need for the ETA from my side. Also, he told them to ascertain the payment method of the perpetrator that if someone could use fake USCIS to apply, definitely, he would steal identity so as not to be traced and also the card payment. So he emphasized that in the course of our PR application, we have been using our personal card for transactions.

But my question is, from your experience, Do you think that this delayed response is a sign of good news? and what could i do to hasten the process?

Thank you so much.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022

Since i got the PFL in July last year and my Lawyer's response in August, I have not heard anything from IRCC, please from your experience, is this a sign of good news? i wrote severally and till now, i haven't heard anything from IRCC and few days to 6 months post PFL letter now. Please what do you suggest i do? In my lawyer's response, he attached my correspondence with US embassy in 2018, telling them i have not left the shore of Nigeria, hence i can't be claiming an address in USA and also there was no need for the ETA from my side. Also, he told them to ascertain the payment method of the perpetrator that if someone could use fake USCIS to apply, definitely, he would steal identity so as not to be traced and also the card payment. So he emphasized that in the course of our PR application, we have been using our personal card for transactions.

Thank you so much.
We won't and can't comment on the specific circumstances of your case, that is between you and IRCC and the burden of proof is on you, and hopefully you have worked with your lawyer to supply that.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard from IRCC - this sounds like a very complex case because it involves, as you claim, identity theft. Two governments (Canada and USA) are probably having conversations about you behind closed doors, and they likely need to involve intelligence agencies such as CSIS and FBI/Secret Service to verify your identity and story. Canada would never ever compromise its national security to speed up your case, so as much as it sucks to hear, you can probably expect to wait many more months and possibly several years for your application to be processed.

This one isn't a "routine" PFL like when someone forgot to declare a visa refusal or their criminal history - those are generally open and shut cases. It's probably one of the most complicated cases they've received.

Reactions: Naturgrl

akinlab2009

Aug 30, 2019
We won't and can't comment on the specific circumstances of your case, that is between you and IRCC and the burden of proof is on you, and hopefully you have worked with your lawyer to supply that.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard from IRCC - this sounds like a very complex case because it involves, as you claim, identity theft. Two governments (Canada and USA) are probably having conversations about you behind closed doors, and they likely need to involve intelligence agencies such as CSIS and FBI/Secret Service to verify your identity and story. Canada would never ever compromise its national security to speed up your case, so as much as it sucks to hear, you can probably expect to wait many more months and possibly several years for your application to be processed.

This one isn't a "routine" PFL like when someone forgot to declare a visa refusal or their criminal history - those are generally open and shut cases. It's probably one of the most complicated cases they've received.
Thank You so much. I appreciate your timely response. I hope they get it finalized as soon as possible. i am able to pick one or two from your comment.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank You so much. I appreciate your timely response. I hope they get it finalized as soon as possible. i am able to pick one or two from your comment.
No problem, I hope you are able to manage your physical and mental health throughout this torturous and uncertain process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you so much.
I don't think it's either good news or bad news. It's not unusual for it to take a long time for IRCC to respond where there is a PFL involved.

sam1638595

Mar 10, 2023
Hi @akinlab2009 , can you please share the lawyer you got in touch with? Were they helpful in getting this solved? I recently got the similar PFL on identity fraud, letter from ircc, I lost my passport during shipment last year and looks like the one who stole my passport opened credit cards and tried to board the flight to canada. Ircc has sent me the letter stating misuse of information or so.. I have no idea what that person has done with my stolen passport. I have given only 30 days to respond. Worried and tensed...

Can you please help? The lawyers am talking to seems to not have experience dealing with this. How did your submission go through. Can you asssit ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi @akinlab2009 , can you please share the lawyer you got in touch with? Were they helpful in getting this solved? I recently got the similar PFL on identity fraud, letter from ircc, I lost my passport during shipment last year and looks like the one who stole my passport opened credit cards and tried to board the flight to canada. Ircc has sent me the letter stating misuse of information or so.. I have no idea what that person has done with my stolen passport. I have given only 30 days to respond. Worried and tensed...

Can you please help? The lawyers am talking to seems to not have experience dealing with this. How did your submission go through. Can you asssit ?
You can submit the copy of police report and other suspicious emails or notifications you got. Also any emails to and fro from the shipment company.

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
@akinlab2009
Hello, any updates on your case? I was given a PFL three and a half months ago, and still waiting, and I know this is ordinary. I hope you had a positive response already