+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
Guys, after yesterday's update. Today I got an email saying as follows,

"
RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any
permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your MyAccount at
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada’s websitT

• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.
Sincerely,
IRCC Riyadh
Embassy of Canada
www.saudiarabia.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca"

Any idea what this might mean?

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Guys, after yesterday's update. Today I got an email saying as follows,

"
RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any
permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your MyAccount at
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada’s websitT

• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.
Sincerely,
IRCC Riyadh
Embassy of Canada
www.saudiarabia.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca"

Any idea what this might mean?
This is only confirmation of your biometrics,nothing else. Keep it in safe place for future use.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Well, I spoke to the other brother who's commenting on the thread and as per his advice I replied with my explanation and my additional documents through the email and yesterday I got an email saying.

"Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you for the e-mail, additional documents/information are now added to the file."

So hopefully, let's see what happens now.

By the way, did you have any issue like this or gotten any fairness lettter?
Glad to knowthat you were able to submit your additional documents. No, I did not have any issues like that nor havegotten any fairness letter.

Best wishes to your application, mate!

Kish_p

Nov 25, 2018
What a coincidence. The same thing EXACTLY happened to me.
On 25 NOV I was asked to sumbit additional information without being given an address to send the additional documents to.
So I sumbitted IRCC Webform on this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .
Fortunately, two days later the embassy emailed me and told me to provide the additional document by replying to the email.
So now sumbit an IRCC webform in the link above.
Follow the steps in this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-have-been-asked-to-submit-an-additional-document-without-being-given-anaddress-for-my-study-permit.598379/
if it didn’t help I don’t mind to share the email address they contacted me throgh but I’m not sure if it’s the same email they want you to send the additional documents to.
Man in those days I couldn’t even sleep out of frustration as studying in Canada has always been a dream and an opportunity like this to be blown away by an officer’s mistake is the pure definition of frustration.
You’ve been given 10 days so when is the 10th day to sumbit them ?

what is the outcome ? have you got your visa ? if yes in how many days?