+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter received, case of misrepresentation (honest mistake)

bububub

Mar 28, 2023
Hi everyone, I received a Procedural Fairness Letter on March 24 stating this concern:
Specifically, I have concerns that you have misrepresented the following material fact(s): Please disclose past refusals in other country.

I have never been refused any visa nor have been denied entries from other countries, but I made the honest mistake of not including the fact where my first temporary visa application for Canada was refused early Feb 2023. I misread the question and it didn't cross my mind that I had to include that detail.

I submitted the first visa application via a travel agent, I believe it was refused due to a lack of supporting documents, the immigration officer was not convinced I will be returning to my country after my holiday. I submitted my second application personally on March 3rd, got my PFL on the 24th.

I have 7 days from the 24th of March to provide additional documents, and I sent them on the day I received the letter. I included a corrected IMM5257e form, and sent a personal statement of apology and a copy of my first visa refusal letter via webform on the 28th. Since the 24th I haven't received any confirmation letter that my additional documents are reviewed.

I'd like to just ask if anyone has experienced a similar case before and whether or not you received a positive response from the IRCC?
I am really scared of the 5 year ban. I spent my time today scouring through this forum for a favorable response but they are all pretty much very discouraging.

I've read from the website, with the case of being inadmissible you can try to apply a temporary resident permit, which is the type of visa I am applying for.
Will IRCC look at my circumstances more favorably because I am applying for a mere tourist visa and not for a PR/study permit?

Thanks for any of your response in advanse, I will update this thread when I get any response from IRCC. Fingers crossed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I received a Procedural Fairness Letter on March 24 stating this concern:
Specifically, I have concerns that you have misrepresented the following material fact(s): Please disclose past refusals in other country.

I have never been refused any visa nor have been denied entries from other countries, but I made the honest mistake of not including the fact where my first temporary visa application for Canada was refused early Feb 2023. I misread the question and it didn't cross my mind that I had to include that detail.

I submitted the first visa application via a travel agent, I believe it was refused due to a lack of supporting documents, the immigration officer was not convinced I will be returning to my country after my holiday. I submitted my second application personally on March 3rd, got my PFL on the 24th.

I have 7 days from the 24th of March to provide additional documents, and I sent them on the day I received the letter. I included a corrected IMM5257e form, and sent a personal statement of apology and a copy of my first visa refusal letter via webform on the 28th. Since the 24th I haven't received any confirmation letter that my additional documents are reviewed.

I'd like to just ask if anyone has experienced a similar case before and whether or not you received a positive response from the IRCC?
I am really scared of the 5 year ban. I spent my time today scouring through this forum for a favorable response but they are all pretty much very discouraging.

I've read from the website, with the case of being inadmissible you can try to apply a temporary resident permit, which is the type of visa I am applying for.
Will IRCC look at my circumstances more favorably because I am applying for a mere tourist visa and not for a PR/study permit?

Thanks for any of your response in advanse, I will update this thread when I get any response from IRCC. Fingers crossed.
It's hard to say what will happen. IRCC could simply refuse the application without a ban, they can give you a ban, or they can even approve your application. We have seen all three things happen on this forum. It's very hard to say which one will happen to you - however hopefully no ban.

BTW - you were not applying for a temporary resident permit. You were applying for a temporary resident visa. These are two different things. Temporary resident permits are special permits for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada. Temporary resident visas are simple tourist visas.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few months for IRCC to respond to a PFL submission. Good luck.

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022

Let us know how you go. I suspect your apology, if framed sincerely, will be accepted as Canada wants more immigrants and visitors to reboot its economy so I've seen anecdotal evidence of officers becoming more forgiving.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015

State it as a honest mistake and you felt that they already have knowledge about rejection from IRCC and the question is for other countries.

bububub

Mar 28, 2023
It's hard to say what will happen. IRCC could simply refuse the application without a ban, they can give you a ban, or they can even approve your application. We have seen all three things happen on this forum. It's very hard to say which one will happen to you - however hopefully no ban.

BTW - you were not applying for a temporary resident permit. You were applying for a temporary resident visa. These are two different things. Temporary resident permits are special permits for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada. Temporary resident visas are simple tourist visas.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few months for IRCC to respond to a PFL submission. Good luck.
Thank you for your response. Do you think it's possible for me to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit if I get the 5-year ban or is it only applicable to certain groups of people?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response. Do you think it's possible for me to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit if I get the 5-year ban or is it only applicable to certain groups of people?
You can certainly try applying for the TRP if you end up with a ban. Recently the processing times for TRPs have been quite long. Also, you generally need to have a very strong reason for wanting to come to Canada.

But before you worry about the TRP, see what the results are of the PFL. It's quite possible you won't end up with a ban.

bububub

Mar 28, 2023
I just got my email from IRCC after waiting for 7 days. I got the 5-year ban. I can't believe this. How are they so unforgiving.

I'm scraping all my traveling plans and will never think of going there ever again, not even after the 5-year ban.

shay2811

Apr 16, 2023
So sorry to hear that, I need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for my brother living in the UK so that he can visit me for 2 weeks this year in August. Anyone that has information on the TRP application process?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Reactions: Chlowi