+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter received after adding spouse

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
haa!!!! where do you even get such ideas? i am well settled in USA. Dont assume too much bro.
To OP:

I think this situation is beyond the scope of advice from casual forum members. Irrespective of intents and events that have already occurred, the end result is that your case officer has already made the "assumptions" that you are currently fighting. The timeline looks extremely suspicious to anyone who doesn't know you personally.

Since you cannot really respond to CIC saying "Don't assume too much bro!" My sincere advice is to hire a lawyer to help you navigate this situation. You would not find any actionable advice on this forum apart from that. (I think a few others have already asked you to look for a lawyer)

arunnair05

Apr 16, 2017
To OP:

I think this situation is beyond the scope of advice from casual forum members. Irrespective of intents and events that have already occurred, the end result is that your case officer has already made the "assumptions" that you are currently fighting. The timeline looks extremely suspicious to anyone who doesn't know you personally.

Since you cannot really respond to CIC saying "Don't assume too much bro!" My sincere advice is to hire a lawyer to help you navigate this situation. You would not find any actionable advice on this forum apart from that. (I think a few others have already asked you to look for a lawyer)
Sure, thats fine. What i meant is, Let us not judge each other just because we get a chance and then throw around the same opinion as if it's a fact.

vascod

Jun 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

I had received COPR on April 2018 with Ontario Nomination and had time till Feb 2019 to do the landing [i am indian citizen working in USA] . I did not do the landing and got married on November 2018 and informed CIC about the marital status change. I uploaded all the documents by december for adding the spouse and Now i have received a Procedural Fairness letter as follows

"
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Class.
Further to the request for information sent to you November 27, 2018 and your submission received December 5, 2018 and December 10, 2018, insufficient information is available to establish that you entered into a bonafide marital relationship with X. Considering the information related to the development of your relationship and the timing of the events related to the engagement and marriage, and other information available, I am not satisfied that your spouse can be included in your application for processing.
In addition, there is a concern about your intention to reside in the province of nomination, in this case, Ontario.
Subsection 87(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that:
a foreign national is a member of the provincial nominee class if
(a) subject to subsection (5), they are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister, and
(b) they intend to reside in the province that has nominated them
Before a final decision is made on this matter, you have an opportunity to provide additional information. Please provide the following:
 It is noted your permanent resident visa was issued April 18, 2018. Upon receipt of the visa, did you commence preparations to immigrate to Canada? If not, why not?
 Do you intend to reside in Ontario and become economically established in Ontario?
 You stated you found your spouse on a website about July 2018, about 3 months after your visa was issued. When did you start your search for a spouse?
 Since your visa was already issued, why did you not wait until you became a permanent resident in Canada prior to your search for a spouse?
 Since you started developing your relationship with your spouse after your visa was issued, why did you not wait until you became a permanent resident in Canada prior to making arrangements to get married?
 Before this marriage, was your spouse related to you in any way? That is, were you or any member of your family related to her or any member of her family? If yes, please explain.

 Is your spouse currently living with you in the United States. If yes, when did she join you? If not, please explain.
 Please provide proof of relationship. This could include, but not limited, to documents that demonstrate the couple’s relationship is developing socially, financially, personally and is known to the public domain. statements of shared bank accounts/credit cards, shared residential leases, shared rental receipts, bills for shared utilities accounts, mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address, insurance policies, beneficiary documents, etc.
 Any other information you would like to be consdiered

"

Could you please help me with this? is my application going to get rejected? how can i prove intend to reside in Ontario? Please help asap since i have only 7 days to reply.
Hi,

May I know the latest update about this ? I might be under similar situation since I added my spouse after getting the PPR.

Thanks in advance !!