Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 25th 2016
LANDED..........
April 20th 2016
Hello Guys,

My AOR - 21st October 2018
Medical passed :- 27th November 2018
On November 27th 2019 I received a letter from IRCC on myCIC account asking for Re-medical for my wife and Procedural Fairness Letter for Bona fides of Relationship with Spouse.

Which was as follows

Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached) and evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as: - Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max) - If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

Please email all requested documents and information within 30 days via your MyCIC account.

With this we got 2 seperate questionnaires to fill in on a Separate letter with 9-11 questions each with all the questions and proofs of marriage

I had applied for Spousal Work Permit for my wife which got rejected in November 2018 due insufficient proof of marriage but did not appeal for the rejection as I had applied for PR application with my wife as dependent, thinking to wait for the PR application as I had applied for PR before my wife's Work Permit got rejected.

But later got a Procedural Fairness Letter asking to prove our marriage

During the PR application I had only submitted Marriage Certificate and no other proofs of marriage

After getting the PFL I have provided them everything from chat history of whatsapp to photographs of marriage and honeymoon trip

Has anyone else got into same problem ?

Please let me know if you have any information or experience to share about the same

note: hired a consultant for applying for PFL

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

My AOR - 21st October 2018
Medical passed :- 27th November 2018
On November 27th 2019 I received a letter from IRCC on myCIC account asking for Re-medical for my wife and Procedural Fairness Letter for Bona fides of Relationship with Spouse.

Which was as follows

Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached) and evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as: - Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max) - If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

Please email all requested documents and information within 30 days via your MyCIC account.

With this we got 2 seperate questionnaires to fill in on a Separate letter with 9-11 questions each with all the questions and proofs of marriage

I had applied for Spousal Work Permit for my wife which got rejected in November 2018 due insufficient proof of marriage but did not appeal for the rejection as I had applied for PR application with my wife as dependent, thinking to wait for the PR application as I had applied for PR before my wife's Work Permit got rejected.

But later got a Procedural Fairness Letter asking to prove our marriage

During the PR application I had only submitted Marriage Certificate and no other proofs of marriage

After getting the PFL I have provided them everything from chat history of whatsapp to photographs of marriage and honeymoon trip

Has anyone else got into same problem ?

Please let me know if you have any information or experience to share about the same

note: hired a consultant for applying for PFL
You should be fine given what information you submitted. The reason why you received the PFL is because you only submitted your marriage certificate with the original application (you should have submitted more). However again, it sounds like you submitted a strong reply with a lot of evidence. Note that it may take several months for them to process your PFL response.

trushen

Mar 13, 2016
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Ahedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 25th 2016
LANDED..........
April 20th 2016
You should be fine given what information you submitted. The reason why you received the PFL is because you only submitted your marriage certificate with the original application (you should have submitted more). However again, it sounds like you submitted a strong reply with a lot of evidence. Note that it may take several months for them to process your PFL response.
That's something I am bit confused about, my consultant told me that I should be hearing back from IRCC within 1 month and what I have read all around the Canadavisa website it takes atleast 4-5months keeping 3 months as minimum

Any idea why does it take this much time ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's something I am bit confused about, my consultant told me that I should be hearing back from IRCC within 1 month and what I have read all around the Canadavisa website it takes atleast 4-5months keeping 3 months as minimum

Any idea why does it take this much time ?
The timeframe your consultant gave was unrealistic. Typically at least three months additional processing time.

It takes that much time because once the PFL has been issued, there are additional steps IRCC has to complete before they can come to a decisions (e.g. additional supervisor reviews, etc.) - it's not just a matter of reviewing the information you have submitted. Unfortunately your application is no longer following normal processing times.

Reactions: sharmgop

trushen

Mar 13, 2016
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Ahedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 25th 2016
LANDED..........
April 20th 2016
The timeframe your consultant gave was unrealistic. Typically at least three months additional processing time.

It takes that much time because once the PFL has been issued, there are additional steps IRCC has to complete before they can come to a decisions (e.g. additional supervisor reviews, etc.) - it's not just a matter of reviewing the information you have submitted. Unfortunately your application is no longer following normal processing times.

Thank you for the insight...

Would you be able tell me what are steps after PFL submited and when should order my GCMS notes ?

Out of Curiosity:- for an explanation provided my consultant that he has filed several PFL previously with Medical PFL which got approved within 1month after giving a good explanation and proofs, is this realistic or consultant is bluffing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the insight...

Would you be able tell me what are steps after PFL submited and when should order my GCMS notes ?

Out of Curiosity:- for an explanation provided my consultant that he has filed several PFL previously with Medical PFL which got approved within 1month after giving a good explanation and proofs, is this realistic or consultant is bluffing?
I don't know the full steps.

One month is feasible - however longer is what we typically see here. Some people wait significantly longer. Processing times are very individual to each application. There's really nothing you can do but wait.

trushen

Mar 13, 2016
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Ahedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 25th 2016
LANDED..........
April 20th 2016
I don't know the full steps.

One month is feasible - however longer is what we typically see here. Some people wait significantly longer. Processing times are very individual to each application. There's really nothing you can do but wait.
Thank You for the help, I post as soon as I get an update.

If you have any more information regarding the same please let me know thank you

jaikeerthy

Jan 6, 2020
Hi, Even i got same Procedural fairness letter. How long did it take to process your application after responding to Procedural fairness letter.

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Hello friends ,

My spouse got a letter like this - how do i know if it is ADR or PFL ?

**THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED**

Date: August 14, 2023
UCI: #########
Application: ########
*F########

Toronto, ON M6J 0C7
Canada

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive
permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not
inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a
visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You
must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the
processing of your application.
UCI_ NAME :
> Medical: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your
application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have
been sent to you separately.
Note: For applications that have a non-accompanying dependant on file, the dependant is still required to undergo
a medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13
> Fingerprints: You are required to submit Biometrics in support of this application. Please follow the
Biometrics instruction letter previously sent to you.
This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13

Case Processing Centre - Mississauga # 300 – 2 Robert Speck Parkway
> Medical: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your
application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have
Note: For applications that have a non-accompanying dependant on file, the dependant is still required to undergo
As a reminder, you are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for
permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This
examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulation section 70(1)(e).
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an
explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.
If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the
information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hello friends ,

My spouse got a letter like this - how do i know if it is ADR or PFL ?

**THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED**

Date: August 14, 2023
UCI: #########
Application: ########
*F########

Toronto, ON M6J 0C7
Canada

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive
permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not
inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a
visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You
must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the
processing of your application.
UCI_ NAME :
> Fingerprints: You are required to submit Biometrics in support of this application. Please follow the
Biometrics instruction letter previously sent to you.
This must be received at this office by: 2023/09/13

Case Processing Centre - Mississauga # 300 – 2 Robert Speck Parkway
As a reminder, you are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for
permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This
examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulation section 70(1)(e).
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an
explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.
If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the
information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.
ADR! Kindly inform your spouse to go for a medical exam before 13th September, 2023

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
ADR! Kindly inform your spouse to go for a medical exam before 13th September, 2023
Thanks , her current address is in a different country so will update address and medicals . just curious ,how to know if its a Procedural fairness letter? Because they mentioned the legal sections and all so i got scared lol