+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter ... but COPR number in PR tracker?

yoshwakeham

May 3, 2021
Hey all,

I received a Procedural Fairness letter today re: evidence of cohabitation with my common-law partner. This was a follow-up to a request for proof of re-entry that I received in December (I provided a visitor record as proof of re-entry, which was not accepted).

The weird thing is that my application has been showing as "Decision made" in ECAS since August 2021, and I was invited to the PR Portal at the same time. I submitted my in-Canada declaration in the PR Portal in August, and have been waiting for eCoPR ever since.

I logged in to the new PR tracker today for the first time, and ... it shows me as having a COPR document (including the number)! That said, I've never received a COPR document or PR card (or eCoPR for that matter).

I will obviously work on responding to the PFL, but can anyone explain this confusing situation to me? It's as though one officer approved me, then another came along and "de-approved" me.

Cheers,
Yosh

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Hey all,

I received a Procedural Fairness letter today re: evidence of cohabitation with my common-law partner. This was a follow-up to a request for proof of re-entry that I received in December (I provided a visitor record as proof of re-entry, which was not accepted).

The weird thing is that my application has been showing as "Decision made" in ECAS since August 2021, and I was invited to the PR Portal at the same time. I submitted my in-Canada declaration in the PR Portal in August, and have been waiting for eCoPR ever since.

I logged in to the new PR tracker today for the first time, and ... it shows me as having a COPR document (including the number)! That said, I've never received a COPR document or PR card (or eCoPR for that matter).

I will obviously work on responding to the PFL, but can anyone explain this confusing situation to me? It's as though one officer approved me, then another came along and "de-approved" me.

Cheers,
Yosh
Never seen anything like that...

yoshwakeham

May 3, 2021
For anyone else who hits this – my CoPR had been issued, but then reviewed and cancelled (pending further review of eligibility). The cancellation eventually made it through to the PR tracker, in that the CoPR number that had previously been there disappeared.

Reactions: DoerSarc and YVR123