+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

problem with sponsor my mother in the future

Torontina

Nov 11, 2009
I am a permanent resident and i live in Toronto, ON since 2006. Two years ago I got married and sponsored to my husband to come to Canada . Almost one year ago me and me husband decided to divorce. At the present we are legally divorced , but legally i will have the obligation to provide to him his essential needs almost for another year more.

My ex-husband has a very good job and he is earning enough to not have to resorting to Social Security or any other goverment assistance for a long time.

The last month I lost my job and I must to resorting to my unemployment insurance to cover the essential needs for my daughter and me until i can find another job. I have a daughter of a previus marriage that i had.

My question is:
If my ex husband does not have to get help from Social Security or any other goverment assistance during my ramaining time as sponsor of him , but i need to get my unemployment insurance at the same period of time, can cause this situation that I can not sponsor my mother to come to Canada in the future?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance

Torontina

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the time you want to sponsor your mother, you need to have enough income to support yourself, your daughter and your mother. If you apply while you are still under obligation to take care of your husband, you might have to have enough income for 4 people. Having been on unemployment in the past will not affect that as long as you stay of welfare.

For 3 people, you need to make $33,159 a year and for 4 you need to make $40,259