+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem In Filling New Generic Form

fkk

May 17, 2010
Hello

I'm facing a problem while filling the new generic application form.

When filling status of dependent for current country of stay (UAE), I select 'Other'. Then I fill other as 'Spouse of Worker'. Then I enter the 'From' and 'To' dates. However, when pressing validate, it gives an error that the status box is empty and highlights it in red. When I again select 'Other, the dates are cleared. I again fill in the dates and click 'validate' - the same error comes. And the loop continues....

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any solutions?

Awaiting reply. Regards.

PS: I'm using Acrobat x - latest version.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fkk said:
Hello

When filling status of dependent for current country of stay (UAE), I select 'Other'. Then I fill other as 'Spouse of Worker'. Then I enter the 'From' and 'To' dates. However, when pressing validate, it gives an error that the status box is empty and highlights it in red. When I again select 'Other, the dates are cleared. I again fill in the dates and click 'validate' - the same error comes. And the loop continues....

Awaiting reply. Regards.

As you are a visitor, you select visitor.

fkk

May 17, 2010
Thanx PMM

The dependent is on my sponsored visa as per UAE law. She is here for about 4 (three) years permanently with visa renewal every 3 years. Can I still select 'Visitor'?

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fkk said:
Thanx PMM

The dependent is on my sponsored visa as per UAE law. She is here for about 4 (three) years permanently with visa renewal every 3 years. Can I still select 'Visitor'?

Regards
Yes, because that is what she is. She is not a work, nor a student.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Yes, because that is what she is. She is not a work, nor a student.
No....Status will be Resident.....all families in UAE have same resident status. Even they can apply for full time job as well and this is allowed from UAE Ministry as well....visit visa thing is totally different

fkk

May 17, 2010
Thanx for the responses.

However, by any definition, all the status have a visa associated with them - student visa, work visa etc.

Since she is not on a visit visa or student visa, she probably will not fill in these categories.

Unfortunately, there is no category of resident only. The menu gives the option 'permanent resident' which is a totally different thing, from canadian point of view.

Am planning to write the dates by hand explaining it in the cover letter that the current form can not validated with status selection as 'other' and 'to/from' dates filled in Q-3 of dependents section.

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
fkk said:
Thanx for the responses.

However, by any definition, all the status have a visa associated with them - student visa, work visa etc.

Since she is not on a visit visa or student visa, she probably will not fill in these categories.

Unfortunately, there is no category of resident only. The menu gives the option 'permanent resident' which is a totally different thing, from canadian point of view.

Am planning to write the dates by hand explaining it in the cover letter that the current form can not validated with status selection as 'other' and 'to/from' dates filled in Q-3 of dependents section.

I exactly have the same problem when I am trying to fill up this form using the 'other' option . It just does not validate the form. I am student dependant and not a student. How can I choose student? Also the 'from' date options. It does not allow you to select todays date which is weird. So, should the from date be the visa expiry date? Or should it be the end of legal status date in country of residence? Someone please answer.

fkk

May 17, 2010
NKKD

I am using the visa expiry date as 'To' date.
The form will not validate with 'Other' and 'Dates' simultaneously filled.
As mentioned, I plan to write the dates by hand and include the justification in the cover letter.

D

doMMK

Then how will you generate the bar code ?

I am asking this because I am having the same problem.
And it seems the bar code page has to be included in the application.

fkk

May 17, 2010
Hi doMMK

If you will fill the status as 'Other' and then fill the 'To/From' dates in Q-13 of Dependents Section, when you will click Validate, it will give the following error:
'You entered information that is not required. Please review'.
When you will click OK it will repeat the message.
Clicking OK again will give you a third message that the 'Status field should contain a valid value' in Q 13.
Clicking OK again will take you back to Q-13 with Status field empty and highlighted in red.
Fill it again and this time leave the dates blank.
You will be able to validate the form this time with bar code generation.
This is what I did and later filled the dates by hand.

Regards

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
fkk said:
Hello

Awaiting reply. Regards.

FKK,

I had the same problem while selecting my partner as 'dependant of worker' - as multiple attempts failed , I chose 'Worker' and progressed with the application so the bar code page could be available post validation . Then I wrote in the column 'other' which was greyed out as Tier 2 dependant.

Sanity

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
NKKD Hortons,

As the dependant of a student can work full time & does not have any restrictions applicable for a 'student' , I would suggest to select 'Worker' and in the column 'other' , write it in ink 'dependant of a student' so you are not withholding information.

Sanity

D

doMMK

Thanks ffk for responding.
I will definitely try this tip or was planning to send without validating and without barcodes.

Was just wondering whether leaving the dates blank cause discrepancy in the data bank and the barcode as I believe the bar code encodes all the data that was in the form. So won't they have data stored without dates of validity of current status.
Or does all this not matter much ?

Kindly answer one another Qn.

I am currently in Saudi Arabia and have option to select London or Delhi as visa office(though the application will be mailed to Sydney).
However I don't have the translations for the iqamas and the copies of entry exit visas are not clearly printed, as the originals itself has not been printed well by the visa section : (

It seems if I apply to Delhi, I will not have to submit the entry stamps as well as iqamas. Is it so ?

And I checked the processing times, it seems last two years' applications have been processed earlier in Delhi (15 months) as against 20 months in London. Can this be taken as projection from July 2011 onwards too, considering that the number of applications accepted are also being reduced. In other words what I am asking is , should I apply from Delhi or London to ensure faster processing ?

D

doMMK

Hello Sanity,

Do you mean that you wrote by hand 'Tier 2 Dependent' in 'Other' ?

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
doMMK said:
Hello Sanity,

Do you mean that you wrote by hand 'Tier 2 Dependent' in 'Other' ?
doMMK,

Yes, thats right. I selected 'worker' and then wrote 'tier 2 dependant' in 'other' tab.

Sanity