+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Privately Sponsored Refugee

nadoosha24

Mar 16, 2018
Hello...

I have 2 questions-

1) I and my family applied for private sponsored refugee in Dec,2016 and till now we did not get any interview.
its been 16 months and the processing time in the website says 20 months for the country we are in now.
So does the processing time include the entire process till we get the visa or its the time it takes to be called for the interview ??

2) We applied as a family but now one of my kids wants to withdraw as she has different application because she is above 18. Will this effect the entire family application or not ??

PLEASE ADVISE !!!

abd1983

Jul 4, 2017
Hi Nada

I have some encouraging news for you, you can expect that they will call you soon
I'm Nov-2016 applicant we have just received the call, and the interview is the next month :) (assuming you are in Lebanon)

processing time are calculated from the date of receiving the complete application till the decision making date , you can add one or two months after that for visa issuing (the processing times are calculated depending on the recently finished cases and may be changed frequently)

about your daughter I have no Idea ,but I don't think that the withdrawal will affect anyone other than her.

nadoosha24

Mar 16, 2018
Ahh thank you for the great news :) ....... I thought there was a problem with our application thats why its late.
Well no we live in saudi arabia and the processing time here is 21 month

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Withdrawel of your daughter is not a good idea bcz dependent child age is now 22 you should keep her with you in your application

nadoosha24

Mar 16, 2018
Well my daughter is 24yrs old will that be ok ??
Do you also have an idea how long it takes for the withdrawal process ??

FuLey

Apr 29, 2018
I would suggest you not to withdraw your daughter because IRCC locks the age for dependents from the time the sponsorship was originally filed. She should be fine.